Overland Park, KS
The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist maintains a dynamic skill set tempered by the ability to create and maintain sound customer relationships while also possessing the ability to create a sense of urgency of payment on past due accounts. The Specialist will have knowledge of the Workday application to ensure all customer accounts are timely and current in their payment responsibilities and on schedule. Upon receiving payment, the Accounts Receivable Specialist is also responsible for posting cash receipts and applying credit memos to accounts while also maintaining accurate audit records for month end and closing deadlines. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, the ability to create urgency and build relationships with QTS’ new and existing customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Contact customers on past due accounts with continued follow up to resolution
- Apply cash receipts and posting of bank deposits to the GL
- Provide excellent customer service at all times with a high degree of professionalism
- Secure bank backup for data entry into the system for validation purposes
- Work closely with other departments such as sales and billing to resolve customer disputes or issues
- Control accounts by applying stop gate tactics for accounts that are overdue (e.g. denying data center access)
- Ability to navigate customer portals and purchase order management
- Ability to apply analytical skills when handling specific accounts related to derogatory D&B rating, poor payment history, disputes and other related situations
- Assists Manager with month-end close reconciliations, reports and analysis
- Assists Manager as needed with researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, guidelines or other specials projects
- May assist with on the job training to new staff and assist new staff with understanding job responsibilities.
- Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma
- Four or more years of Accounts Receivable/Collections experience
- Proficient in mathematical and computation skills
- Six or more years of recent AR experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a growing, publically-held organization
- Knowledge of PCI compliance guidelines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Workday experience
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.