Overland Park, KS
QTS Audit Services is expanding out audit function and we’re seeking bright and engaging candidates to support our company’s rapid growth in the data center, cloud and managed technology services industry. If you’re looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity with broad business exposure, a training and development path, and the ability to make a difference, then we’d love to talk to you!
The Senior Internal Auditor is based at QTS’s headquarter in Overland Park, KS, traveling domestically up to 25% to QTS data center locations as required. The ideal candidate will have Sarbanes Oxley and Capital Development Auditing experience, someone with knowledge of information technology is also desired.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Scoping planned Audit Services engagements.
- Developing engagement notification and information requests.
- Coordinating and confirming engagement travel, space, and meeting plans.
- Managing project deliverables and communicating status.
- Preparing and conducting interviews of process owners and stakeholders.
- Reviewing and/or documenting processes via narratives and/or flowcharts.
- Identifying key business risks and related mitigating controls.
- Reviewing and/or performing testing of key controls via inquiry, observations, evidence review, and re-performance, and transaction data analysis.
- Reviewing and/or completing testing work paper documentation.
- Developing internal control and/or business process improvement recommendations.
- Communicating internal control and compliance findings.
- Assisting in the development of final engagement reporting
- Overseeing compliance audits (ISO, FISMA, HITRUST, SOC Reports, and PCI)
- Oversee performance of or creation of QTS business process documentation, risk and control identification, controls testing, and data analysis in support of improving QTS business operations, controls, and attainment of compliance objectives
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Two or more years of performing internal audits within the capital intensive and/or technology industry.
- Two or more years Sarbanes Oxley auditing and/or financial reporting experience.
- Five or more years of performing internal audits within the capital intensive and/or technology industry.
- Five or more years of assurance and advisory services experience with a nationally recognized accounting firm or internal audit function.
- Five or more years of data center operations, construction auditing, Sarbanes Oxley auditing and/or financial reporting experience.
- Attainment of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Experience with Workday or Great Plains
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Takes ownership of assigned areas, follows up on deliverables, and propensity for action to meet deadlines.
- Great listener and articulate communicator with the ability to interact effectively and efficiently with all levels of the organization. Builds sustaining collaborative and productive relationships with internal clients.
- Self-starter with the ability to analyze and solve problems, is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and is not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to systematically review and document business and information technology processes and procedures. Familiarity and comfort with data analysis tools and procedures.
- Understands how businesses work, dedicated and passionate about understanding the company’s operations, markets, customer needs, and competition.
- Creates clear and concise messaging on status, findings and recommendations.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.