San Mateo, California
We are looking for a Total Rewards Analyst to join the Rakuten Global Total Rewards Team. This role is ideal for a recent college graduate with a business, mathematics, or technical degree with a desire to develop in Human Resources.
- Partner with Global Total Rewards Team on managing the Rakuten Job Architecture: job design, job analysis, and job leveling.
- Provide support on a variety of compensation initiatives for the Rakuten HR Community in global teams located in Americas Entities.
- Assist in conducting annual market review, participating in compensation surveys and other related compensation projects to assess current rewards programs and other related initiatives.
- Support the annual compensation review process. This includes overall project management and the development of training materials.
- Collaborate closely with the Rakuten HRIS team on enhancements to current Workday Core/Advanced Comp modules.
- Offer compensation support and analysis on M&A activities.
- Participate in broad-based compensation-related projects and other human resources department initiatives.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or equivalent.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Performs all duties and responsibilities with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with strong sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships.
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.”
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals.
With enough determination and effort—by being a Get Things Done person—you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field—whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else—only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.