Salt Lake City, Utah
HR Operations Analyst
This role is Remote Eligible
Must be available to work 9am -6pm CST Monday – Friday
The HR Operations Analyst plays a vital role as a key member of the HR Shared Services team. This role will update and maintain HR employee data in Workday, handle complex employee inquiries or escalated issues, provide executive support, generate Workday reports to support deep HR analytics and perform additional HR administrative duties to support the overall HR service delivery.
- Provides quality customer service and resolution in response to complex inquiries, incidents, elevated service inquiries or escalations made via phone, chat or e-mail from employees
- Perform Advocacy and Executive support and provides resolution of inquiries individually or through HRIS/HRSS/COE/HR Business Partners/Vendors support
- Perform updates/edits to employee HR data within a Workday production environment following WD business processes
- Perform mass loads into WD using EIB process
- Generate Workday Reports and create, use and manage standardized HR reports in Workday to include weekly headcount reports, compliance, stock grant reports, any/all other data reports to support general HR queries
- Analyze and compare data using tools such as Excel to draw conclusions and/or recommend courses of action
- Responsible for day-to-day HR operations, data exchange with third party vendors (i.e. inbound / outbound files), and technical support including interface validation and working data kick-outs for reconciliation
- Utilize and work within a case management tool for handling and prioritizing requests to ensure KPI and SLA are achieved
- Use discretion and judgment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Ensures actions are in compliance with Company policies and procedures and to local, state, and federal employment law
- Creates and documents processes into Desktop Procedures (DTPs), FAQs, and scripts
- Participates in pre and post implementation activities, including SRT and UAT
- Shares knowledge to peers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of Workday HR (HCM module) experience required for employee data
- 1+ years of generating Workday reports
- Experience in an HR operations or HR shared services organization
- Experience in excel using pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s
- Exposure to payroll, total rewards, talent management, talent acquisition administration
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail
- Experience in using case tools for request handling and being accountable for SLA metrics for measuring performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- High level of empathy and customer satisfaction focus
- Independent self-starter who can work with minimal direction
- Must have the ability to remain focused, professional, tactful, committed to confidentiality and discrete when handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Ability to manage high volume workload by following standard procedures accurately and timely
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s in business administration, human resources, or related experience
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.”
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals.
With enough determination and effort—by being a Get Things Done person—you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field—whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else—only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.