This position is REMOTE eligible in the following states TX, FL, OH, WI.
The Sr. HR Data Analyst position will be part of Rakuten America’s HR Services team. The Sr. HR Data Analyst will be the subject matter expert in delivering business analytic dashboards using HR reports from Workday or related third-party tools. This role will collaborate with HR, executive leadership, and business stakeholders to understand their objectives and the context behind the need to provide a solution using the correct data source and reporting tool. The successful candidate will seek feedback from executive leadership and business stakeholders and adopt best industry practices in developing reporting metrics and data analysis to support strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, able to understand the bigger picture while focusing on the details, and comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with teammates. The candidate’s responsibility includes, but is not limited to, all facets of the data analyst function and other duties required in the development, ongoing maintenance, and operational support of all aspects of the Workday HCM system.
- Extract HR data from Workday and manipulate it into multiple formats needed for reporting metrics and deep HR analytics to leadership for use in strategic planning or decision-making.
- Produce reports or other analytics that measure trends or results within the HR function.
- Implement ways to enhance reports and reporting capabilities within Workday to provide efficient and effective statistical analysis and develop solutions that meet current and future business needs and are scalable.
- Articulate the data needs of executive leadership and business stakeholders to the HRIS Reporting team for the creation of enterprise-wide reports and dashboards in Workday.
- Provide functional expertise and support during the design, creation, and testing of reports and integrations.
- Partner with the HRIS Reporting team to analyze Workday security policies and procedures to ensure business data reporting objectives are met and appropriate end-user access is maintained.
- Perform day-to-day Workday administrative functions for the HR Services team, such as report editing, translating report requirements from executive leadership and business stakeholders to the HRIS reporting team, and general report testing.
- Establish procedures for auditing, updating, validating, and correcting employee records or other HR-related data to ensure clean data output.
- Work within a case management tool for handling and prioritizing report requests to ensure timely delivery and quality of reporting.
- Create and maintain a report repository for HR Services and end-users.
- Process employee data via EIBs and perform EIB troubleshooting and auditing to ensure data is clean and accurate.
- Develop and document procedures, reporting best practices, end-user training, guidelines, and policies as needed.
- Partner with all levels of the HR team, from HR Business Partners to Executives, and other internal stakeholders, to define business requirements and translate this information into dashboards and reports while continuing to improve processes.
Skills and Competencies:
- Communication – Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Ability to communicate with executive leadership. Ability to tell a story using graphs and data.
- Problem-solving – Ability to analyze data, develop actionable insights, and make data-driven decisions with a quality mindset. Takes a thoughtful and thorough approach to problem-solving. Find and understand root causes.
- Results Focus – Personal drive and commitment to the delivery of results. Takes initiative and ownership to get the job done.
- Initiative – Ability to proactively identify opportunities or minimize potential problems by anticipating and preparing in advance. Able to troubleshoot from all points of view and work the findings into proactive solutions.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Able to monitor and check work for accuracy while organizing time and resources efficiently.
- Flexibility – Ability to stay flexible, adaptable, and available to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaboration – Willingness and ability to drive collaboration and build relationships across the matrix with global HR teams.
- Confidentiality – Committed to confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive and confidential data. Discrete when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or related experience.
- 3-5 years of HR data analysis.
- 3-5 years of Workday experience, including working with Workday reporting, navigating Workday dashboards, and relaying reporting needs to the HRIS reporting team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel using pivot tables, vlookups, and charts.
- Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Proficient in BI tools (Domo, Tableau, QlikView, or others).
- Experience in HR Operations, HR Shared Services, or HR Center of Excellence.
- Experience with case tools (Zendesk, Jira, or ServiceNow) for request handling.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field—whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else—only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.