San Mateo, California
This position is eligible for remote work
Do you have Workday reporting expertise? Do you want to work in a highly global and growing organization? Come join our growing People Reporting & Analytics team at an exciting company.
You will consult with customers across the globe to understand their business needs and translate them into reporting solutions. You’ll have an emphasis on using Workday capabilities like Prism Data Sources, Discovery Boards, Worksheets, Dashboards and report scheduling to create automated and scalable reporting solutions. You’ll be recognized as the expert in various Workday reporting tools.
While highly technical, you’ll also exercise strong consulting and relationship building skills. You’ll exercise your passion for supporting customers on a mix of operational and strategic needs in a high performing organization.
- Workday report design for operational and strategic projects
- Consult with HR Functional leads and HR Business Partners/Generalists to understand opportunities to leverage data in the businesses of Rakuten
- Creatively design reporting solutions for a wide variety of needs by identifying and leveraging the right system functionality for each need
- Lead the creation and communication of standard, self-service reporting solutions to empower end-user data utilization
- Be proactive in noticing and executing on opportunities to improve the services and brand of the People Reporting & Analytics team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- At least 3 years HR reporting experience, primarily in Workday
- At least 5 years in HR reporting and/or HRIS administration roles
- Strong Workday reporting experience including calculated fields, advanced/matrix/composite reports, Discovery Boards, Workbooks, and dashboards – Workday Reporting Pro preferred but not required
- Experience utilizing trended data sources for report creation
- Excited to build relationships both within the HRIS team and across the company
- Understanding of HR functions and processes
- Experience supporting HR functional or business customers
- Ability to translate customer request into the needed data elements and reporting structure
- Microsoft Excel expertise including complex formulas, scenario modeling, use of slicer or drop downs for end-user flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving and system-thinking skills
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in simple, business-friendly terms
- Demonstrated curiosity – the willingness to ask “why” and experiment with new ideas
- Nimble and flexible to adapt to changing priorities and new discoveries
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.”
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals.
With enough determination and effort—by being a Get Things Done person—you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field—whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else—only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.