San Mateo, California
Salt Lake City, Utah
San Francisco, California
New York, New York
Reporting to USA-based Head, Global Total Rewards, and as a member of the International HR Center of Excellence, this role will be focused on the design, development, implementation and adimistration of compensation strategies for Rakuten businesses and engineering development centers in the Americas region. This role will also have operational oversight of the global Stock Adminisatration function in collaboration with the Japan headquarters team. In this high impact role, the successful candidate will provide effective compensation consultation to local Human Resources and business leaders and provide comprehensive stock administration support that shapes how Rakuten rewards and retains our talent.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, communication and administration of compensation programs throughout the Americas region
- Oversee the Stock Administration function outside of Japan working closely with Japan headquarters team to ensure continued execution of LTI awards
- Support the definition of global human resources parameters/procedures, oversee salary surveys, custom compensation studies, and pay structure development
- Manage small team of Rewards professionals to meet department objectives and deliverables
- Help develop and implement core and Advanced Compensation Workday modules to manage all aspects of compensation review, administration of merit, bonus and stock option programs
- Collaborate with Global HRIS and Global Talent Management teams on various initiatives optimizing processes and implementing IHR platform solutions
- Anticipate pay issues associated with changes in organizational design or business strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, HR or related field preferred or relevant job experience
- 8years HR experience
- 5+ years Compensation programs experience
- Strong builder of relationships. Able to connect and advise HR peers and leaders within the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and cultures; strategically focused on continuous improvement.
- Action oriented and adept at working in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization and diverse cultures; ability to build productive relationships.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to analyze and resolve a wide variety of complex issues or problems.
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.”
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals.
With enough determination and effort—by being a Get Things Done person—you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field—whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else—only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.