Santa Monica, CA (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Washington, DC (DC Metro Area)
Manager of Research Operations Administration
Research Financial Operations (RFO) is seeking a Manager of Research Operations Administration (ROA) to execute a wide variety of detailed activities across the Social and Economic Policy Divisions (SEPD).
Under the general direction of and supervision of the Associate Director of Research Finance and Operations, the Manager of ROA will perform various tasks to support SEPD operations including, but not limited to:
- Conducting financial conflict of interest screenings (FCOI), and related tasks such as:
- Facilitating staff FCOI training
- Confirming staff FCOI training completion
- Identifying and communicating potential FCOI matters to division management
- Documenting FCOI compliance in RAND systems
- Overseeing/managing select Research Operations Administration staff, providing regular performance feedback, and completing annual performance reviews
- Overhead budgeting, tracking, and monitoring SEPD financial data, participation in business planning, and providing support and guidance for the internal clients of the SEPD.
- Collecting data for various reports and providing basic qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Updating project/proposal data in various RAND systems (e.g., Online Project Tracking (OPT) database, Workday, and/or Salesforce).
- Participating in or leading process/operational improvement initiatives
- Serving as backup for other operational components across SEPD when required and engaging with other staff across the organization (Research Financial Administrators, Contracts and Grants Administrators, Billing Specialists, Accounting, etc.) to facilitate aspects of the SEPD’s financial and operational requirements.
The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively—both orally and in writing. This position requires general problem-solving skills, great attention to detail, and knowledge of RAND procedures and practices.
A high level of discretion, integrity, and organization is critical due to the sensitive nature of the data and processes involved. The Manager, ROA will provide support and guidance to RAND research and relevant SEPD management staff and serve as a point of contact with internal supporting departments.
The successful candidate must be able to meet deadlines, work patiently with people at all levels, multi-task, and work as part of a highly cooperative team spanning RAND’s offices and time zones.
- Specific technical skills required: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook, working knowledge of Sharepoint, OneDrive, MS Teams.
- Working knowledge of Workday related to budgeting and tracking and monitoring costs, and running reports
- Educational requirements: BA/BS required; Master’s degree preferred
- Related experience required: 6 years
Equal Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet