Santa Monica, CA (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Under general supervision, the Payroll Specialist will process payroll, prepare routine to moderately complex filings and reports, perform reconciliations, support audits, and other large projects. May perform any or all of the following duties:
· Processes documents and input relevant information into the ERP system related to RAND’s multi-state Payroll cycle ensuring it is compliant, comprehensive, entered timely, and audited for accuracy.
· Audits various reports (including employee time records) to complete payroll payment cycle. Responsible for researching and providing resolutions for anomalies.
· Process retirement payments to carrier for both regular and tax-sheltered deductions. Balances cumulative-to-date payroll amounts.
· Ensure accurate and timely filing/processing of state and federal payroll tax documents; coordinate the processing and distribution of annual W-2’s.
· With a working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices, generate appropriate journal entries to charge expense and reconcile clearing accounts.
· Process and issue manual checks, research check traces/stop payments and follow up on direct deposit issues.
· Gather financial and labor data to complete regulatory filings and other related analyses.
· Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns demonstrating knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll tax laws and regulations.
· Multi-state payroll experience required.
· Knowledge of Office, with exceptional Excel skills
· Knowledge of Workday payroll preferred, Timekeeping, a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Knowledge of FAR helpful
· Thorough accounting principles knowledge and practical experience desired
High School Diploma (required)/AS/AA (preferred)
3 years minimum
Equal Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet