UK016-Kilkeel, United Kingdom
UK016-Kilkeel, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Our Aircraft Interiors business unit is seeking a HR Intern to join the HR team in July 2022 at their Aircraft Seating facility in Kilkeel, Co. Down.
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Intern
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday.
LOCATION: This role will be primarily based in Kilkeel with some elements of remote working.
To provide administrative support in a wide range of HR activities such as recruitment and selection, on-boarding and off boarding, health and wellbeing, training and development and pay and benefits. This is a varied and fast paced HR role which requires excellent organisation and communication skills, problem solving ability and a keen eye for detail.
- Co-ordinate and provide administration support for a range of HR processes.
- Ensuring all clerical/administrative duties are completed in a timely manner and to the required standard.
- Maintain and update departmental databases/systems/files, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all records within the department are dealt with in accordance with Collins Aerospace policies and data protection.
- Lead and participate in project work as required.
- Respond appropriately to employee queries and provide assistance/guidance to managers, when requested.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of systems and procedures.
The successful candidate will be able:
- To work as an effective member of a team, in order to fulfil the necessary requirements of the job and able to create and maintain effective working relationships with other departments.
- Able to plan an efficient and appropriate course of action. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues/factors. Set up and monitor timescales and plans.
- Pay attention to the finer details of own work. Able to ensure the accuracy of work.
- Communicate effectively with others (individuals/groups), both verbally and in writing. Able to effectively use a variety of communication methods (e.g. telephone, e-mail).
- Able to work quickly and accurately while under pressure to meet deadlines. Support the achievement of departmental KPI’s.
Successful candidates should clearly demonstrate how they meet the below criteria for the role in their CV. This information will be used for shortlisting purposes.
- Currently studying towards a degree in Human Resources, Business or other relevant discipline.
- Well-developed IT skills; competent with a range of IT packages (e.g. Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a complex, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience of using a Human Resources Information System, such as TMS, Workday.
- Hold a computer qualification (e.g. CLAIT, ECDL, RSA Stage 11 or equivalent).
Please click the link to complete an application on our Corporate Workday system. Please note any CVs uploaded to University portals will not be considered. Please ensure you have clearly outlined how you meet the criteria set out above and this will be the information used for shortlisting purposes only.
Assessments for all internship roles will take place w/c 15th and 22nd November 2021. Please ensure you are available on these dates and alternative assessment will not be possible.
Collins Aerospace will be attending the University Virtual Fairs in October. If you are interested in finding out more about what we do at Collins Aerospace Kilkeel, please come along, we look forward to chatting with you.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms