Worker Time Type
The role supports the Reddy Ice business by managing the company’s Regional HR Managers, HR Generalists, DOT Compliance Specialist and other special projects. Designs, launches, and monitors Field/Corporate employee engagement, talent management, and other HR programs to proactively make Reddy Ice an employer of choice and proactively solves employee relations issues, manages investigations, training requirements and other special HR initiatives as assigned by EVP. This role is also responsible for driving changes within the HRIS system (Workday) and ensures the system is maintained current and up to date on processes, procedures, and employee information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train, coach, performance manage, and oversee a team of Regional HR Managers, HR Generalists, DOT Compliance Specialist and temporary resources as required.
- Implement and interpret Reddy Ice HR processes, policies, and standards to comply with local and federal legislation and also to align with Reddy Ice’s culture. Ensure processes are in place to support business goals and mitigate risk. Proactively draft, update and influence policies, procedures and HR employee guidelines to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Plan and manage special projects and field rollouts using change management tools and monitoring success with relevant milestones and KPIs.
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve Field/Corporate HR system/process, talent management and succession planning and employee communication programs to achieve strategic and financial goals, enhance business results, provide scalability, timely information, and ensure consistency.
- Manages the Merit process within Workday. Responsible for enhancing current process, testing and rolling out the program through Workday, providing clear communications to all leaders, and ensuring all items/tasks get completed on time.
- Stay informed of employment law legislation, HR trends, and innovative retention techniques to recommend and implement.
- Manage and leverage Workday system to support business needs and results and provide timely information, reporting and ensures accuracy. Partner with senior leaders to understand business strategies and challenges, create realistic succession and talent management programs, and assist with recruiting efforts accordingly.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent through effective employee engagement strategies. Monitor turnover, employee issues, EEOC complaints, and other KPIs to assess underlying issues at specific locations and across the company and set programs in place to help address these issues.
- Manage initiatives such as seasonal onboarding and off-boarding, employee engagement surveys, field employee relations programs, and other projects as needed and assigned.
- Build strong partnerships with the Field/Corporate Senior Leadership Team, acting as a confidant and a source of counsel on people and business matters, while being able to challenge their perspectives, give feedback and ask the “difficult questions.”
- Manage employee relations/retention by providing direction and oversight of field and HR activities. Supports the HR team with EEOC and other governmental investigations; consult with outside counsel as required.
- Leads the HR Team in Mergers and Acquisitions by completing compensation analysis, ensuring all required items are completed by the “go-live” target date using the M&A HR Checklist, manages the day of activities onsite, assists new hires with the onboarding process and is the main point of contact for all follow up and report out items.
- Ensures all Compliance items are acknowledged/completed and maintained current within set guidelines/standards, this includes but it not limited to General Compliance and DOT Compliance.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Manage a team of Regional HR Managers, HR Generalists, and DOT Compliance Specialist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required, SPHR designation preferred.
- Minimum seven years of progressive HR generalist experience with a minimum of 5 at the Senior level in a high volume transactional environment involving multi-state/multi-locations and field HR management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing field HR or special project teams.
- Knowledge of production and distribution environments preferred.
- Intermediate expertise with MS Office and an HRIS system (Workday preferred).
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position generally works in an office environment and uses typical office equipment including phones, computers, and printers. On-call availability and weekend/evening work is required. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex business situations is essential. This position requires up to 50% travel; a valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR are required.