Why it’s worth it:
As a Corporate Paralegal at ReliaQuest you will provide a wide range of legal and administrative support to the Legal Team to keep up with our rapid growth. Responsibilities including working closely with the members of the legal team to provide general support on human resources and legal matters. You will be able to make an immediate impact by being able to adapt quickly to change, manage multiple priorities, and work independently.
The everyday hustle:
- Drafting and review of corporate action documents (BOD consents, minutes etc.) and management of the original Board documents for the files.
- Assisting with corporate transactions as needed.
- Proactively design legal file management systems, maintain original legal files, corporate documents and legal opinions.
- Assist in managing ReliaQuest’s intellectual property portfolio, including tracking filings deadlines and maintaining related files and originals.
- Provide administrative support relating to the activities of the Legal Team, including drafting correspondence and undertaking research.
- Assist with the Legal Team’s meetings agenda and logistics, including preliminary research, preparing briefing packages and providing the necessary meeting materials.
- Support and maintain legal training and guidance materials.
- Edit and proofread legal documents.
- Assist with coordinating compliance and logistics of new hire onboarding and employee departures, and maintaining HR-related training and guidance materials.
- Maintain and update the employee handbook, including coordinating annual review for appropriate updates for all countries.
- Maintain and update employee templates, including coordinating annual review for appropriate updates for all countries.
- Support the Recruiting team with recruiting activities, including issues arising in the recruiting process and any related legal documentation needed for employee onboarding
- Support in Workers Compensation audit and ensure accuracy of data.
- Assist with drafting, maintaining, and reviewing People Team policies and implementation.
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of activities around employee goals and objectives process, mid-year check-ins, and annual reviews.
- Work with Workday Team on maintaining electronic HR files and maintaining any paper storage files (as applicable) to ensure compliance.
- Help liaise with payroll and benefits representatives for People and Legal Team
- Support internal customer service ensuring cohesion, consistent organization and seamless task completion and response time to organization’s employees.
- Input and track human resources and benefits (including 401k) data and information.
- Edit and proofread People Team documents.
Other Potential Responsibilities:
- Meet with attorneys and departments to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Assist on legal coordinator tasks as requested, including preparation of contracts using attorney-prepared templates and assisting with the contract intake and approval process.
- Initial review/negotiation with procurement
- Scheduling/coordination of internal and external legal calls
- Processing of legal invoices
- Preparation and assistance with corporate filings
- Assistance with entity maintenance activities (annual report filings)
- Assistance with insurance renewals and COI distribution
- Filing and archive maintenance of non-commercial documents
- Assist with additional legal research and support as requested by the Legal Team
Do you have what it takes?
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field and 3+ years corporate professional experience or a combination of education and similar experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.; J.D. degree and/or Notary Public certification is a plus
- Demonstrated business acumen and/or experience in the areas of human resources and corporate matters
- Ability to learn and adapt and excel in changing environment.
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workloads, and achieve results in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work with independently with minimum supervision, shift focus quickly, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to support employees from all levels of the company
- Industry experience in enterprise software, cyber security, or SaaS is a plus