Salt Lake City, UT
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
As the Director of FP&A, you will build and oversee a critical function at RQ, helping to guide the company on its continued high growth trajectory. You will lead a key analytical function of the company to provide insights to support optimal business decision making. You will look at the company’s KPI, operations and finances with a critical eye and introduce actions for improvement.
This role will drive the annual budgeting process, monthly and quarterly forecasts, operating plan, financial and KPI analysis, and special projects, including operational KPI development. The FP&A function will provide financial visibility and support to senior management, including supporting analysis and reporting for board presentations, quarterly financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business initiatives, acquisition analyses, and other ad hoc projects.
You must be thoroughly proficient in analyzing data and building financial models, producing logical scenario analyses and insights, producing accurate forecasts, and making actionable recommendations. You will report directly to the VP of Finance and work closely with the CFO and other members of the executive and finance teams.
- Partner with VP of Finance and CFO to review and develop strategies for the overall growth of the company and evaluate and advise on short and long-range integrated financial and operational planning.
- Build and develop a corporate FP&A function that will partner with other areas of the business, with the ability and willingness to be hands on and dive deep into the details.
- Tactically analyze and strategically assess the company’s financial and operational needs.
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on activities, plans, targets and business drivers to other members of the executive team and company management.
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis including ad-hoc modeling and analysis.
- Drive predictability in planning, forecasting, and reporting; Constantly improve accuracy by understanding the underlying business drivers; challenging assumptions and solving problems
- Enhance and maintain company and financial KPIs.
- Enhance company-wide and departmental monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasts including analysis vs budget and prior year; Design and execute the long-term planning process.
- Partner with other areas of the business on modeling and analysis, including Accounting and Sales Operations.
- Oversee the operation and implementation of Workday Adaptive Insights (FP&A software).
- Establishing a high level of credibility and managing strong working relationships with internal customers.
- Support M&A and financing activities.
- Travel, up to 25%
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience
- Background in public accounting, financial planning & analysis, management consulting, or investment banking
- Excellent interpersonal skills – needed to build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success of this role
- Comfortable handling hyper-growth in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated outstanding financial leadership skills and expertise with an emphasis on translating financial insights into operational recommendations
- Experience with public company reporting
- A strong perspective on FP&A process.
- Roll-up-sleeves mindset; Proven leadership experience working with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Prior experience as a financial analyst in a corporate FP&A team, investment banking, or comparable experience.
- Advanced proficiency in financial analysis and modeling; Ability to interpret, understand and manipulate data.
- Highly organized and a rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within short/tight deadlines and with high precision.
- Clear, concise, and constructive communicator, with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Strong collaboration skills, with superior business acumen and people leadership skills.
- Industry experience in enterprise software / SaaS
- MBA, CPA, and/or other relevant certification is a plus
- Experience with Workday Financial (ERP) and Adaptive Insights is a plus