Remote – USA
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Payroll Analyst II will provide functional Workday Payroll and Time and Attendance project and integration support, analytical and process support, ad-hoc internal payroll reports and play a key role in delivering and supporting Payroll initiatives. This position requires a personable individual who is highly focused on operational excellence and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to drive continuous improvement projects for the payroll team.
Serve as a subject matter expert on Workday functionality and support for the payroll team
Responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvement and system optimization.
Assist with project initiatives, acquisitions, and implementation of new technology.
Contribute to functionality and process design.
Analyze system requests and recommend appropriate solutions.
Document processes and procedures to ensure the payroll team is appropriately positioned to support all new acquisitions.
Work closely with IT, HRIS, and other payroll management to identify, address, and resolve all system-related issues.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Detail-oriented, experience working with large data sets
Self-starter with can do attitude and an ability to multi-task
Must be a team player, dedicated, and reliable
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (applying advanced formulas like VLOOKUP, and PivotTables)
Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively resolve issues
Experience with Workday Time Tracking and Absence Modules preferred
Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion
4 years of experience in processing payroll.
Experience with Workday Payroll required.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.