Remote – USA
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: With general supervision, this role assists in the day-to-day administration and weekly processing of payroll.
- Gathers and reviews hourly, weekly and salary payroll per established guidelines.
- Collects and audits time & attendance data.
- Assists in calculating and/or auditing driver incentive pay such as pay by yards, homes, zones and day rates.
- Responds to requests for information from union, tax authorities and other agencies.
- Follows local payroll practices.
- Maintains payroll records in accordance with Payroll Record Retention policy.
- Assists the Payroll Administrator with local payroll training.
- Provides customer support.
- Acts as liaison between the Payroll Administrator and frontline employees.
- Sends manual check requests to the Payroll Administrator.
- Works with the Payroll Administrator to ensure daily rules are accurate.
- Monitors time and attendance system to ensure supervisors approve records on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all payroll transactions have appropriate approval per Level of Authority Policy.
- Ensures that employees have certified the accuracy of their time records and maintain records of same.
- Forwards garnishment wage orders to corporate payroll department on a timely basis.
- Investigates and assists in resolution of payroll discrepancies.
- Enters direct deposit requests and resolves rejects; ensures all ACH transactions are accurately transmitted on a timely basis.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date paid time off accruals for employees.
- Assists in reconciliation of deductions such as union dues, union pensions and charitable contributions.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or apparent.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic payroll function and knowledge of payroll law.
- Basic knowledge of the regular rate of pay calculation under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Familiarity with basic federal, state and applicable local tax calculations.
- Must have the ability to learn field payroll and division’s payroll, attendance, and compensation concepts, practices, and procedures and execute appropriately.
- Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Basic Excel and Word skills.
- Minimum of 1 year of payroll experience Required
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) (Preferred)
- Workday Experience (Preferred)
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.