Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Our people are foundational to our strategy– they are not ‘resources’ that we leverage! Our People team (formerly Human Resources) partners with leaders to engage and attract high performing, diverse, entrepreneurial talent. We continuously challenge ourselves to be BOLD in our thinking, design and delivery of people solutions that enable our people to be the best that they can be and drive exceptional ResMed success.
Let’s talk about the team:
The main focus for the People (HR) Shared Services team is to manage and excel service delivery of People Programs through an evolving governance framework. The decentralized and autonomous team works in partnership with People Business Partners, COEs, Talent Acquisition and other support functions to achieve business goals. The team’s expertise extends beyond day to day backend services to process enhancement, automation and usage of ever evolving technology.
The team comprises a range of highly capable members who are always learning and striving for continuous improvement. The team is laser focused, decisive and shares the common goal of changing people’s lives. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team of People Shared Service team members across the region – navigating the team and influencing the stakeholders through various challenges and change management activities. A large portion of your time would be required to understand present & future business requirements, anticipate & mitigate future risks, alignment with local legal & regulatory requirements.
Let’s talk about role:
The role will be responsible to ensure the APAC People Shared Service Team is effectively aligned to the Global Service Delivery Philosophy and are ready to embrace the future digital disruption. Day to day operations will include managing request management portal to ensure the team is delivering on time response to People related queries and requests, leverage technology platforms for increasing team efficiency and focusing on data integrity in core HCM systems to enhance customer experience.
Reporting to the Regional People Operations Director, the People Shared Service Delivery Lead – APAC, will form part of the APAC People Operations Leadership team and will collaborate with Global/Regional People Shared Service Delivery Leads to shape and embed the Global People Shared Service delivery model. Travel may be required.
The key functions of this role are to:
- Provide direction, engage, coach and develop the onsite and virtual team members across the APAC region to maximise performance, drive operational excellence and manage integrity in core HCM.
- Work with Regional People Operations Director and Global HR Shared Service Delivery Lead to implement the Global People Operations strategy and support standardization of policies and processes in alignment of global People philosophy; leverage technology platforms, embed and operationalise the shared services model and balance to meet regional business requirements.
- Manage and oversee Tier 1-3 escalations and provide support to managers and colleagues on People policies, processes and frequently asked questions – to ensure timely delivery of day to day operational and administrative activities and maintain a high standard of service. As necessary, manage escalated complex case management issues and partner with the business to deliver excellent customer service through troubleshooting, root cause analysis, issue resolution recommendation and implementation, and communication.
- Manage relationships with People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, COE’s (Rewards, Benefits, Global Mobility, People Systems) Strategic Business Partners, Payroll and Finance to deliver an integrated service to business, managers and colleagues, and improve / minimize downstream impacts.
- Establish process documentation and workflow mapping for all core People processes and creation of standard operating procedures.
- Leverage Global People Shared Service Delivery frameworks to perform audits and controls to ensure compliance and integrity of People data by updating operational dashboards, and data integrity scorecards, and provide reports in a timely manner to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Strategic Business Partners and local Business Partners, and legal team (as appropriate) to expand knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and procedural approaches within the APAC region, and guide PSS team to document employment contracts and other documentation as required.
- Partner with compliance teams to drive SOX, MDSAP and other requirements by leading audits and process reviews, ensuring data integrity and security are within the guidelines of all local and federal regulations.
- Support and contribute to key global, regional initiatives, project related, and ensure that key deliverables of projects are met. Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, providing frequent and clear communication regarding the status of projects and highlight potential risks early
Let’s talk about you:
- You are intensely curious and driven to proactively identify opportunities for improvement and work collaboratively to build high-impact solutions that in-still confidence in team members across the organization.
- You are a systems-thinker, constantly seeking to understand the connections between tasks, processes, individuals, and teams, and can scale the team and processes through growth over the next few years.
- You have a talent for working with metrics and recognizing insightful data trends
- Able to manage through and thrive in ambiguity and complexity with agility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to present, train/facilitate
- Exceptional partnering skills, using a transparent, consultative approach with peers, and partners even without direct-line authority
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, attention to detail, discretion
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and principles is required
- Comfortable partnering with other geographies/regions
- A logical thinker who can assess a situation and provide the right balance of empathy, urgency, and diagnostic of the next steps
- Analytical skills, good with data, and quick to learn systems
- Excellent project management skills and agility and resourcefulness to drive team initiatives
- Growth mindset; avid, curious learner with an appetite for continuous improvement for self and team
- High-level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- You are passionate about creating conditions where your team can deliver the best work of their career and committed to enabling the on-going growth and development of each team members.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience preferred.
- Organization and project management skills required
- 7-10 years’ total experience, experience as a supervisor is a plus
- Workday experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Extensive experience in HR Operations/ Shared Services environment
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!