PA-West Chester – Dunwoody Dr
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Performs accounting and reporting functions requiring minimal direction. Utilizes industry specific accounting and reporting principles and techniques, advanced computer skills and a profound understanding of the business unit’s products, workflows and administrative systems.
- Maintain and prepare balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations, including cash, suspense, reinsurance, separate accounts, and other assets and liabilities.
- Support month and quarter end close processes.
- Verifies accuracy of journal entries, account balances and accounting classifications
- Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect accounts to ensure proper reporting of financial data.
- Support monitoring and compliance with internal controls over various processes (SOX compliance).
- Analyze statistics and make recommendations for improvements to workflow and system.
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis related to various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Support compliance requests relating to internal and external audits, state reporting, and Schedule T
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Support project work leveraging Agile methodology.
- Oher duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 3+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Workday software is a plus.
- Proficiency in software applications, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Blackline or other reconciliation tool experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task and deadline driven environment, to work independently and effectively in team environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Location: West Chester, PA or open to remote in EST or CST time zones for the right candidate. If remote, some travel may be required for team meetings.
For roles being performed in New York City, Resolution Life is required to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary for the role. This base salary range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making base salary decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Resolution Life, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, allowing for future salary growth, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $76,100 – $114,200
At Resolution Life, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.