PA-West Chester – Dunwoody Dr
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Accounting Manager will be part of the Accounting Operations team. The Accounting Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the reconciliation and control processes, supporting Workday, Kyriba and Blackline implantations as part of the Life business. As part of the Accounting Operations Department, you will interact with various areas within the organization in an effort to design and implement new processes and workflows.
- Supervises the preparation of income and balance sheet or other consolidated statements and reports with a focus on cash, suspense, reinsurance, agent commissions, inter-unit and other assets/liabilities.
- Strong knowledge of cash and/or reinsurance reconciliations and processes a plus.
- Actively monitoring risk and aged items in various balance sheet accounts including research and resolution.
- Develop, monitor and comply with internal controls over various processes (SOX compliance).
Support the implementation of BlackLine reconciliation tool and Workday general ledger system
- Review monthly reporting and analysis related to various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Primary lead for compliance requests relating to internal and external audits, state reporting, and Schedule T
- Monitor offshore team performance and metrics
- Project work as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting or the financial services industry preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- CPA designation preferred
At Resolution Life, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.