PA-West Chester – Dunwoody Dr
GA-Atlanta, Powers Ferry Rd
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Performs complex accounting and reporting functions requiring minimal direction. Utilizes industry specific accounting and reporting principles and techniques, advanced computer skills and a profound understanding of the business unit’s products, work flows and administrative systems.
- Maintain and prepare balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations, including cash, suspense, reinsurance, retained assets, and fixed assets.
- Verifies accuracy of journal entries, account balances and accounting classifications
- Follow up on accounting/system issues that affect accounts to ensure proper reporting of financial data
- Develop, monitor and comply with internal controls over various processes (SOX compliance).
- Assist in the implementation of reconciliation tool and general ledger
- Assist and train other accountants in research of issues that require advanced accounting or system knowledge
- Analyze statistics and make recommendations for improvements to work flow and system
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis related to various balance sheet and income statement account
- Support compliance requests relating to internal and external audits, state reporting, and Schedule T
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Monitor offshore team performance and metrics
- Project work as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 5+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience with Oracle and/or Workday software is a plus
- Proficiency in software applications, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Blackline or other reconciliation tool experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task and deadline driven environment, to work independently and effectively in team environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
At Resolution Life, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.