Mendota Heights, MN
Learning Technology Partner & Instructional Designer
As a Learning Technology Partner, your focus will be to maximize our learning technology solutions by building a foundation of simple, effective and sustainable talent enablement tools and processes. You’ll have a strong understanding of how systems like Workday Learning, Microsoft 365 and Salesforce can be used to meet business learning needs. You’ll also leverage your Instructional Design experience to design and deliver high quality, yet simple and scalable learning solutions.
This is a highly collaborative role where you’ll partner with leaders to understand talent enablement and instructional design needs across our organization, with technology admins to enhance and configure technology solutions and with your team to build and enhance talent enablement framework, processes, and tools. Fierce attention to details, passion for the optimization of learning technology and focus on continuous improvement will be the key to your success.
Location and Travel Requirements:
This position is primarily remote, but the candidate is ideally located in the greater Minneapolis- St. Paul area. Onsite work at our Mendota Heights, MN office for onboarding and occasional meetings & collaboration opportunities should be expected. Travel requirements 10-20%.
- Learning Technology Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive learning technology strategy aligned with RT's business goals. Identify emerging technologies and trends to keep our programs and technology innovative and competitive.
- Learning Technology Administration: Ensure consistency and quality in the RT learning catalog. Ensure the seamless functionality and user experience of learning platforms. Support Workday Help requests from the business in the area of learning.
- Curriculum Design For Scale: In partnership with RT’s Trainers and the business, develop comprehensive, scalable and learner-centered curriculum that align with organizational goals and objectives. Design learning pathways and programs that encompass various modalities, such as e-learning modules, virtual instructor-led training (VILT), simulations, workshops, and blended learning approaches.
- Content Development: Create engaging and interactive learning content, including presentations, videos, job aids, infographics, and case studies. Utilize instructional design principles and adult learning theory to ensure content is relevant, relatable, simple and learner-focused as well as compatible with Workday LMS where applicable.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Design and implement assessments and evaluation strategies to measure the effectiveness of learning programs. Develop assessments that provide learners with valuable feedback and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Collaboration and Project Management: Collaborate with subject matter experts, trainers, and cross-functional teams to gather insights, validate content accuracy, and ensure successful project execution. Manage multiple learning and development projects, adhering to timelines and resource allocation.
- Professional Development: Stay abreast of emerging trends, research, and best practices in instructional design, learning technologies, and adult learning theories. Continuously enhance your own skills and knowledge through professional development opportunities.
- Training and Support: Provide training and support to trainers, facilitators, or other stakeholders involved in delivering learning programs. Conduct train-the-trainer sessions, develop training guides, and offer ongoing assistance to ensure effective implementation.
- 3-5 years of professional instructional design experience with a minimum of 3 years focused on a distributed Field Operations team
- Workday LMS experience
- Experience identifying opportunities to maximize learning technology to meet business learning needs
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong Project management experience
- Change management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to create simple solutions and simplify the complex
- Strong mechanical aptitude and expertise
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced & results driven environment
At Restaurant Technologies, we celebrate diversity, believe in equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees; we’re proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us by email at RTCareers@rti-inc.com or call 1-888-796-4997.
Culture & Benefits
Our employees are the foundation of our success and we take care of them! Our comprehensive benefits include professional development, competitive health care coverage, incentives and a healthy work and life balance. We’ve cultivated an award-winning workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We’ve earned recognition as a “Best Place to Work,” by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on Minnesota’s Fastest Growing Companies list. In addition, we’ve earned numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant Technologies a valued strategic partner.
Who We Are
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of highly innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management services to the food service industry. Our solution is environmentally sound, highly efficient and creates a safer, more productive work environment for restaurant personnel. With over 35,000 existing customers we are an established, profitable mid-sized company poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over 41 metropolitan markets.