Mendota Heights, MN
The Restaurant Technologies Talent Enablement team is passionate about employee development, creatively unlocking new ways to drive performance through modern learning experiences and being a key partner in driving organizational growth.
The TE team is business centric and focuses on bringing relevant talent development solutions to the organization with a simple and scalable approach. The team partners with our Operations, Commercial and Corporate functions to create simple, scalable, and impactful learning experiences focused on talent selection, onboarding, and on-going development for the entire business.
The Operations Trainer will build training strategy and initiatives that equip our depot-based roles to succeed and connects our operations team to customer success. You will partner closely with key stakeholders within Product, Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Operations to gain a deep understanding of RT operations, products, and customers. You’ll have experience translating key metrics and complex processes and procedures into simple yet effective training methods and tools. Your willingness to roll up your sleeves, to get out in the field, and to drive results will be key to your success.
Location and Travel Requirements:
This position is primarily remote, but the candidate is ideally located in the Minneapolis area. Onsite work at our Mendota Heights, MN office for onboarding and occasional meetings & collaboration opportunities should be expected. Willingness to flex travel up to 50% as needed.
Primary Job Accountabilities:
- Operations Training Strategy: Develop and execute operations training strategy that connects operations to customer success, aligned with RT’s business goals.
- Business Partnership: Partners heavily with Product, Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Operations teams to clarify RT expectations around customer success. Partners with IT to improve content platform.
- Content Development: Create engaging and targeted learning content, including videos, product and job aids, infographics, and case studies. Use instructional design principles and adult learning theory to ensure content is relevant, relatable, simple and learner-focused.
- Key Metrics: Translates key metrics and processes into simple, scalable and effective training objectives. Visibly connect training program effectiveness to key business metrics.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Design and implement assessments and evaluation strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs and content platform.
- Continuous Improvement: Operates with a continuous improvement mindset after launching programs by constantly monitoring the effectiveness of each program.
- Professional Development: Stay abreast of emerging trends, research, and best practices in customer success and adult learning theories. Continuously enhance your own skills and knowledge through professional development opportunities.
- 3 – 5 years of professional instructional design experience with a minimum of 3 years focused on a distributed Field Operations team.
- Demonstrated success creating and implementing simple and effective operations training programs across multiple locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong Project management experience
- Change management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to create simple solutions and simplify the complex
- Willingness to flex travel up to 50% as needed
- Strong mechanical aptitude and expertise
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced & results driven environment
- Salesforce and Workday Learning experience
At Restaurant Technologies, we celebrate diversity, believe in equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees; we’re proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us by email at RTCareers@rti-inc.com or call 1-888-796-4997.
Culture & Benefits
Our employees are the foundation of our success and we take care of them! Our comprehensive benefits include professional development, competitive health care coverage, incentives and a healthy work and life balance. We’ve cultivated an award-winning workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We’ve earned recognition as a “Best Place to Work,” by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on Minnesota’s Fastest Growing Companies list. In addition, we’ve earned numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant Technologies a valued strategic partner.
Who We Are
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of highly innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management services to the food service industry. Our solution is environmentally sound, highly efficient and creates a safer, more productive work environment for restaurant personnel. With over 35,000 existing customers we are an established, profitable mid-sized company poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over 41 metropolitan markets.