Accounting Analyst III (Contract Talent)
Robert Half is seeking an Accounting Analyst III to join the General Accounting team. The team is responsible for reconciliation of prepaid and accrual accounts. Responsibility will not be limited to reconciling/analyzing each account but will include communicating problems to appropriate personnel and managers for follow up and improvements. Monitor the accuracy and reasonableness of financial data and journal entries provided by other departments, collect and review all manual journal entries prepared by various departments, ensures proper requirements have been met prior to posting in accounting system. Provide information and prepare work papers for external auditors as required for the annual and quarterly audit.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts between sub-leger and general ledger with moderate complexity.
- Prepare roll forwards of specific balances sheet accounts.
- Run various queries to gather data for analysis, explain monthly and quarter variances, and verify the validity of transactions.
- Ensure transactions are accurately identified and reconciling items are followed up on for corrections.
- Escalate unresolved reconciling items to the Supervisor.
- Prepare reports to provide information to other departments, as needed (asset acquisitions/ retirements, CAPEX, property taxes, , tax filings, currency adjustments).
- Follow up on inquiries and paperwork from other departments, as needed (e.g. asset insurance, etc.).
- Monitor assigned balance sheet accounts to ensure current aging, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Prepare monthly adjusting journal entries as a result of analysis and reconciliation and ensure that they are coded correctly.
- Assist with month-end close processes including ensuring that all routine journal entries are processed.
- Basic maintenance of asset management system including, retirements, transfers and description changes for assets, allocation of assets, ensuring completeness of data in the Asset Management system.
- Document manual desk procedures and keep them up to date to reflect any changes as they arise.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the reconciliation/reporting procedure.
- Provide cross training to other associates in the department.
- Assist the Supervisor in preparing audit work papers and pulling samples for testing and other adhoc requests.
- Other miscellaneous duties for the department.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent is a minimum.
- 2+ years’ of business/financial analysis & general ledger reconciliation experience.
- Experience with different financial analysis and/or financial reporting formats.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- High proficiency with Excel.
- Experience with Workday Financials would be a plus.
- A self-motivated person with strong analytic and communication skills.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Attention to details without losing the big picture.
- Possess strong customer service orientation.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA SAN RAMON CORP