Benefits Systems Program Manager
Robert Half is looking for a Benefits Systems Program Manager to identify and resolve both common and complex technical issues that impact the efficient operation and data integrity between our benefit technology platform, HR information system, and external benefit vendor systems. The successful candidate will be able to perform detailed and complex data and process analyses to identify operational deficiencies and lead the implementation of high-quality solutions utilizing internal and external technical resources. This person will be responsible for managing vendor relationships ensuring that proper attention is paid to resolving issues in an expedited manner. This person will develop and implement new or revised systems, reports, practices, policies, and procedures that align with desired business outcomes. This person will lead testing and validation of redesigned systems or business processes including annual benefits open enrollment.
- Leads daily operations of data flow between various benefits technology platforms and payroll systems, and external vendors to ensure the administration of benefits runs smoothly.
- Identify and troubleshoot benefit system and data integrity issues. Collaborate closely and effectively with vendors and internal partners to resolve them in an expedited manner to minimize employee escalations.
- Act as the contact for escalated system issues for the Benefits department when issues arise with benefits technology platform or vendors. Identify if a system change will impact benefits or other areas of benefits technology platform, communicate impact, assist in establishing priorities for department and ensure all changes are migrated to production accurately.
- Accountable for benefit data integrity including conducting regular audits, reviewing system intake and output, identifying gaps and working with partners to establish procedures and processes to enhance data quality.
- Conduct annual activities related to compliance.
- Act as back-up for system benefits administration related to PeopleSoft. Develop and run reports or queries using the PeopleSoft tool or other tools supported by vendors for operational needs.
- Identify, produce and conduct user training as needed. Responsible for benefit related system access. Conduct benefit technology platform and vendor system security access review on a quarterly basis to confirm current users have the correct access and all terminated employees’ access has been deleted.
- Partner to document and measure business processes. This includes the production and maintenance of process flows ensuring detailed procedures are documented. Analyze process flows to identify opportunities to streamline and increase efficiency.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationship with vendor responsible for our internal benefit technology platform, as well as vendors that handle the administration of health savings, flexible spending, commuter, medical, dental, voluntary benefits.
- Reconcile benefit premium calculations for accuracy.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, and perform various operational and technical processes and issues. Be able to interpret data and system functionality and apply critical thinking to help business make informed decisions.
- Act as a lead for Benefits with system upgrades and integration changes. Provide business requirements to partners when implementing changes. Collaborate with various teams to support change management.
- Work closely with the Benefits team to identify and implement automated solutions to improve processes and increase efficiency in the administration of benefits and LOA. Use data or reports from various systems to conduct cost/benefit analyses for special projects. Interpret and articulate impacts/savings.
- Research, evaluate and make recommendations for changes using internal data, market trends and best practices. Be able to interpret data and system functionality and apply critical thinking to help business and the department make informed decisions.
- Manage Open Enrollment system platforms, including setup, testing, new vendor/carrier implementation and end-to-end process for enrollment data flow and metrics.
- Lead and coordinate user testing efforts of system changes/enhancements including the creation of test plans and test scenarios for all aspects of the systems.
- Monitor user testing, raise issues, and work with appropriate parties to ensure testing is completed accurately, and results are documented properly for final sign-off to move change to production.
- Manage Year-End project and complete tasks timely such as ensuring benefits and deductions end and begin appropriately, providing health care values for W-2, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in benefits administration in large, complex organization
- Strong technical skills and experience with vendor management, especially benefit outsourced systems & integrations, are necessary. Solid analytical skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Workday experience required. PeopleSoft HCM and payroll experience is desirable.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, exercise independent discretion, sound judgment, react with a sense of urgency to critical issues, proactively troubleshoot and resolve expeditiously to drive results.
- Subject matter expert in health and benefit policies and regulations (ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication and consultative skills.
- Reliable, detail oriented and responsive to complex issues.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA SAN RAMON CORP