QA Test Lead (Contract Talent)
- Responsibilities of a QA Test lead is in planning, monitoring, reporting, and control of the testing activities and tasks.
- Collaborate with the other stakeholders, devise the test objectives, organizational test policies, test strategies and test plans.
- Leverage when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, they plan the effort, select the tools, and ensure training of the team.
- Lead, guide, and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases, test procedures and test suites.
- Ensure proper configuration management of the testware produced and traceability of the tests.
- Ensure the test environment and Workday tenant is put into place before test execution and managed during test execution.
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage the tests for execution and monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- During test execution and as the project winds down, write summary reports on test status.
- Define new and complex test approaches and resolve issues in approach and design.
- Provide technical guidance and review test Approach/Test Plans including cases, objectives, scripts, expected results, and requirements mapping.
- Develop complex test work plans for System, Integration, Parallel and User Acceptance Test.
- Provide detailed test estimates.
- Produce and report detailed status reports
- Build test project plans and provide project management for testing track.
- Facilitate Defect resolution with functional and technical groups.
- Educate/Train/Mentor testing staff and Business/Development peers.
- Review, select and implement testing and quality management/measurement tools to support RHI’s product delivery demands
- Build detailed Performance Test project plans and guide Performance Engineers with execution.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technology is preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
- Must have at least 10 years senior-level test lead and/or testing experience with related technologies and/or ERP.
- Working in a large IT organization (200+ people) for at least 7 years.
- Experience in ERP like PeopleSoft and Workday architecture, configuration, and maintenance of related technology.
- Experience in integration of related technology with business and computer systems.
- Experience in understanding, designing, implementing, and applying technology control. processes to deliver project infrastructure needs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on, testing design, and strategic vision.
- Excellent influencing and collaborating skills across and within ATI and Business teams.
- In-depth understanding of how new technology integrates with current systems and how it should be designed to meet business needs.
- Strong understanding of cross-organizational and cross-functional impacts.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Adaptable with ability to work with ambiguity in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong team player who can build, maintain, and engage a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure during difficult situations.
- Strong functional knowledge of HR, Payroll, and Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset management and other financial domains
- 5+ years of software test planning, execution, and validation for large enterprise (ERP) systems for System Test.
- 5+ years of software test planning, execution, and validation for large enterprise (ERP) systems for Integration Tests involving 7+ systems including 3rd party interfaces like SAAS providers, Banks and other ERP systems.
- 5+ years of software test planning, execution, and validation for large enterprise (ERP) systems for Parallel Test phases.
- 5+ years’ experience in test environment managements, test collaboration, tools selection and implementation in a medium to large company with a global environment.
- 5+ years of business process and data flow identification and documentation.
- 5+ years of experience with application interfaces and data conversion
- 5+ years of experience focusing on a specific application/technology.
- Expertise with various testing tools and methods. SmartSheets, Workday Reports, SQL, JIRA, qTest etc.
- Good understanding of hardware architectures.
- Experienced with industry standard code review practices.
- In depth knowledge of the overall SCRUM Agile process.
- Ability to conduct test planning and execution with off-site resources.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret business acumen.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and remain flexible in a changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to demonstrate professional judgment with the ability to appropriately influence others as needed.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to HRSolut[email protected] or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA SAN RAMON CORP