Robert Half is seeking a Senior HR Project Manager who is part of the HR PMO to project manage top priority technical HR defined business objectives through program and/or technical modification and/or deployment. This position will manage technical HR projects from initial planning to requirements definition, configuration and unit testing, system integration configuration and testing, user acceptance testing including end-to-end and deployment. The position is responsible to ensure projects are on time and within budget. Technical projects require cross functional collaboration with IT PMs on dual project plans.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage end-to-end project delivery of multiple potentially global projects running in parallel with highly complex issues, and different technical platforms, with little or no guidance
- Establish project governance communication mechanisms to ensure Stakeholders, SMEs and other impacted resources clearly understand project status and expectations regarding their deliverables and risks
- Utilize highly effective organization and communication skills to address cross functional issues, communicate strategy and project status, including identifying risks and their mitigation
- Develop, update, and maintain project plan, proactively addressing change requests through leveraging knowledge and experience
- Interact with necessary stakeholders/team members and cross functional leadership to manage project scope, communicate project status and direction and identify, evaluate, communicate, and escalate issues
- Identify required project team resources to ensure success
- Utilize knowledge on past projects to proactively define approaches, strategies, and plans to optimize execution of assigned project/program and minimize interruption/problems
- Manage project team in project activities including requirements analysis, design and development, testing, training, implementation, deployment and post implementation plans
- Establish testing plan for types of testing required and methodology for tracking test results and reporting on status
- Ensure adequate testing is conduced, including full traceability to requirements
- Identify risks related to testing results and implement appropriate mitigations
- Analyze and facilitate resolution of issues; carefully controls change
- Report on implementation status through all stages of implementation to elicit feedback and optimizations to the overall tasks for the team
- Work with business contacts and other key stakeholders, to continue to update project plans, communication mechanisms, and strategies to drive change most effectively throughout the organization
- Ensure the effective transition into production and meeting production acceptance readiness criteria
- Develop Deployment strategy and detailed workplan with input from all Stakeholders and SMEs
- Manage that Deployment workplan tasks are execute on a timely basis
- Ensure post implementation tasks such as Lessons Learned review, retrospectives, etc. are conducted and results analyzed, applying recommendations to future projects
- Participate in and provide input to ongoing methodology process improvement efforts.
- Mentor project managers as assigned.
- May be solicited for input on individual team member performance
- May mentor PMO team members to teach/guide in specific performance areas, or provide general assistance as requested
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in HR or Business Administration
- 5-10 years Project/Program Management experience with complex technical HR implementations
- Demonstrated effective (expert level) use of project management software tools; Smartsheet preferred
- Demonstrated effective use and experience with Microsoft office products (Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Impact Analysis (consistently able to assess impact for, with no supervision, each project aspect and determine if project can expand or not to address new idea, and can train others)
- PMP desired (or comparable PM certification)
- Workday implementation experience desired
- SCRUM methodology experience desired
- Project Planning (consistently able to independently translate functional requirements into project plans, and can train others)
- Project Implementation (consistently able to effectively implement all project phases, and can train others)
- Budget Management (consistently maintains and uses project budget and actuals tracking as well as estimates to complete to ensure costs are maintained within the specified tolerance level, and can train others in these skills)
- Documentation (consistently clear, accurate)
- Communication to all organization levels (consistently demonstrates advanced clear, articulate, concise; verbal and written)
- Organization/Prioritization (consistently utilized and effective over own work)
- Leadership skills (extensive demonstrated experience in overall lead role (senior project level, management/direction setting experience)
- Decision making skills
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills (consistently applied within project management environment)
- Demonstrated experience at maintaining forward progress despite conflicting priorities and competition for resources
- Able to collaborate with all types and levels of employees
The typical hourly pay rate for this position is shown below and is negotiable depending upon experience and location.
$44.23 – $66.83
Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, and dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.
Robert Half Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to HRSolutions@roberthalf.com or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.