Global Human Resources
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining Russell Investments Human Resources Department means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors. As an HR Business Partner (HRBP), you will contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the team. Working in partnership, our HR team develops strategies to assist the business in achieving their goals. As the on-the-ground HRBP in Canada, you will provide HR services to all of Russell Investments’ Canadian business units, including, but not limited to, activities related to recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, as well as other HR projects and initiatives as required.
This role will allow you to build strong partnerships with our leaders, managers, and associates. We are seeking a proactive team player with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage various tasks simultaneously, and work with changing priorities.
We are open to someone working 3 – 5 days per week.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Develop manager-client relationships that contribute to trustworthy advisement and tactical HR support.
- Develop and implement HR strategies including recruitment, employee relations, team development, and performance management.
- Monitor adherence to all HR policies, practices, and procedures. Interpret and communicate policies. Ensure accurate and timely HR data for assigned business units.
- As a steward of the company’s values, advise and contribute to creating an inclusive, productive, and high integrity work environment.
- Ensure all Canadian associates receive accurate answers to queries within a reasonable time frame. This may require escalating to appropriate functional areas or HR leadership.
- Manage Canadian employment law cases.
- Conduct exit interviews for departing associates.
- Coach and support Canadian and United States line managers and leadership when needed.
- Assist in the interview process for Canadian and United States roles as appropriate.
- Partner with recruiting and business leaders to help scope roles for appropriate hiring.
- Partner with the Compensation team regarding job leveling and manage expectations with business units from a budget standpoint.
- Act as Canadian lead for new hire and onboarding process.
- Assist with performance management and compensation review during year-end process.
- Assist with annual talent review and succession planning.
- Assist with HR program implementation across business units.
- Utilize Workday to ensure data integrity, data input and changes, reporting, and educate managers to increase awareness.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects such as associate surveys, compensation analysis, process reviews and improvements.
- Partner with Senior HRBPs to support North American business units, provide cover and ad-hoc support.
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience, ideally with time spent as Business Partner.
- Experience and knowledge of Canadian human resources regulations, employment law, employee relations, and relevant administration practices (essential). Experience with different Canadian territories (desirable).
- Consultative approach in working with all levels of management and employees.
- Knowledge and practical experience with change management processes.
- Experience with organizational design processes and restructuring.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information as well as possessing the skills to handle situations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow through on multiple priorities and assignments.
- Highly flexible, pragmatic, and advocates for change.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills.
- Strong client orientation.
- Possess the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Professional experience with Workday HRIS (desirable).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).