The Benefits Specialist (“Specialist”) supports the Firm’s global benefit programs through effective and timely administration of domestic and international fully- and self-insured employee benefit and retirement plans and assists employees with benefit questions and issue resolution. The Specialist administers eligibility, disability claim and leave of absence administration, benefit vendor interface file reconciliation, and maintains benefit plan documentation and reporting. This position exercises a high attention to detail, collaboration, and customer service, interacting with all levels of employees throughout the Firm.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Coordinates and supports benefit enrollment process for new employees and current employee benefit qualifying life events.
- Review, validation and approval of information in the Human Resources Information System (“HRIS”), to process benefit elections ensuring a smooth and positive experience to employees.
- Administers domestic and international employee benefits programs, including medical, dental, life, disability, vision, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, wellness program, health club subsidies and COBRA.
- Administers all leaves of absences and coordinates associated short- and long-term disability claims.
- Maintains and recommends improvements to processes, procedures, and documentation to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of benefits program administration.
- Audits, reviews and prepares funding requests each payroll cycle for the Health Savings Account (“HSA”) employee deferral deposits.
- Processes and reconciles benefits invoices for payment, including the resolution of discrepancies with vendors.
- Resolves associated eligibility issues identified in weekly exceptions vendor reporting and validates vendor inquiries regarding interface information provided on weekly benefit interfaces.
- Maintains appropriate materials and timely updates on the Ryan-Net website.
- When needed, assists with coordination and execution of annual plan renewals and enrollments, including the modification of benefit materials, scheduling of enrollment meetings, the transmission of enrollment data to vendors, and resolution of post-enrollment issues.
- Assists the Benefits Manager with the review of plan documents and materials to ensure appropriate provisions and coverage.
- Prepares routine and ad-hoc reporting as requested by management.
- Maintains awareness of federal, state, and local benefit laws and regulations to ensure compliance, including, but not limited to, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, and Section 125 provisions.
- Participates on committees and special projects, and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Exemplifies customer service orientation and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field with one to three years of human resources and/or benefits administration experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Experience in administering benefit plans in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is required. Workday experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran