The Compensation Analyst (“Comp Analyst”) supports the Firm’s compensation philosophy and its ability to attract, retain, motivate, and reward the best talent through the evaluation, analysis and administration of Ryan’s compensation programs, policies and procedures. The Comp Analyst is responsible for creating positive team member experiences, which lead to excellent client service and drive revenue and profit for the Firm.
This position works closely with and provides compensation analysis and solutions for the Ryan People Group and leadership throughout the Firm. The ideal candidate will have analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong people skills. The successful candidate will be effective in verbal and written communications, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the successful administration and execution of all compensation initiatives. Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryan’s values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Provides support, administration and maintenance of Ryan People Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Researches international, federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to keep apprised and ensure Firm compliance.
- May provide compensation support to the due diligence and integration processes for mergers and acquisitions and international expansion.
- Assists with the appropriate analysis to evaluate existing or proposed compensation programs, including (but not limited to) base and incentive pay structures. Assists with providing optimum solutions that align with the Firm’s strategic goals and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluates job responsibilities and qualifications to recommend appropriate title, level and salary range/pay grade for jobs across the Firm. Participates in documenting jobs by writing or reviewing job descriptions and ensuring overtime eligibility classification is compliant with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), or appropriate local laws.
- Participates in salary and compensation practice surveys. Ensures accurate and complete survey submission by established vendor deadlines.
- Supports the Annual Merit & Promotion cycles, including:
- Updating raise and promotion increase matrices or guidelines.
- Reviewing proposed salary adjustments to ensure compliance with established guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Reviewing promotions or requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary range/pay grade assignment.
- Performing data changes within the Workday system.
- Creates and maintains all compensation documents, including compilation of policy and language changes to incentive compensation programs for Firm leadership review and approval.
- Assists with the calculation of all eligibility and payouts for annual discretionary incentive plans and the production of compensation statements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field with two to four years of compensation experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Global compensation experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficient skills in Microsoft® Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as intermediate skills in Outlook, Internet navigation, and utilization of Workday HCM functionality and configuration. Functional experience with administering and supporting the Workday HCM system is required. Working knowledge of Access is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) Certification is a plus. Valid driver’s license required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and vendors both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: May be approximately 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran