Role will be a key member of a team responsible for administering compensation plans and payouts. Specific responsibilities include managing the sales incentive compensation team’s interactions with payroll, managing communication with Sales Operations on sales incentive compensation timelines, supporting rhythm of the business activities (including weekly business reviews and operational planning), and responding to inquiries from senior leadership.
The Compensation Manager (“Manager”) supports the Firm’s compensation philosophy and its ability to attract, retain, motivate, and reward the best talent through the execution and management of Ryan’s compensation programs, policies and procedures. The Manager is responsible for creating positive team member experiences, which lead to excellent client service and drive revenue and profit for the Firm. This position will work closely with the People Group and leadership throughout the Firm.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong people skills. The successful candidate will be a quick-learner, able to lead, develop, and mentor a team of 1-2 people and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the successful administration and execution of all compensation initiatives. Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryan’s values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Leads and develops a team of 1-2 people, including providing day-to-day support as needed in addition to long-term development and mentorship. Manage performance and sets expectations clearly with each team member.
- Exemplifies customer service orientation and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Administers existing and proposed compensation programs, including (but not limited to) base and incentive pay structures. Uses objective analysis to recommend optimum solutions that align with the Firm’s strategic goals and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Manages and administers job evaluations to ensure title, level and salary range/pay grade for jobs are appropriate and consistent across the Firm. Ensures job classifications are in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), or appropriate local laws.
- Supports the administration and maintenance of Ryan People Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Participates in the Merit & Promotion annual cycle to ensure compensation guidelines are accurately established, salary adjustments are in compliance with Firm practices, and compensation data within the Workday HCM system is maintained.
- Creates and maintains compensation documents, including compilations of policy and language changes to incentive compensation programs, for Firm leadership review and approval.
- May participate in the due diligence and integration processes for mergers and acquisitions and international expansion.
- Fully calculates all eligibility and payouts for annual discretionary incentive plans and the production of compensation statements.
- Administers the annual participation in salary and compensation practice surveys. Ensures accurate and complete survey submissions meet established vendor deadlines.
- Keeps apprised of international, federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure Firm compliance.
- Participates on committees, special projects, and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required with at least five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in compensation administration. Global compensation experience is preferred. At least two to three years managing a compensation team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Workday experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is a plus.
Requires supervisory responsibilities, including managing projects, training team members, assigning work, and making sound business decisions while representing the Firm.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and vendors both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: May be approximately 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran