The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for the Firm’s tax compliance of federal and state income / franchise tax filings. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Firm and possibly third-party service providers. Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryan’s values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
Client and Value:
- Responsible for preparation of federal and state tax returns including related analysis and support.
- Responsible for preparation of federal and state tax estimated payments including related analysis and support.
- Responsible for preparation and development of state apportionment and other tax compliance schedules.
- Perform research as needed to ensure proper compliance with state and local tax jurisdictions.
- Assist in preparation of responses to inquiries related to audits of federal, state income tax and state & local filings.
- Prepare statistical and financial reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Two to Five years of corporate tax and/or public accounting experience.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access, and internet navigation/research. Workday software experience preferred but not necessary.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm; Interface with external vendors also necessary.
- Ability to work independently
- Independent travel requirement: Less than 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran