Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.
Department: Human Resources/Warehouse Operations/
Location: Belton, MO
- Employee relations: Ensures completion of employment-related investigations and provides recommendations to management and senior HR on resolution. Actively builds and maintains relationships at all levels by regularly walking the warehouse floor and meets with associates to foster positive associate relations. Maintains associate communications boards and hourly associate personnel files.
- Recruiting: Supports hourly recruiting efforts by partnering with dedicated site recruiter on an as needed basis.
- Benefits: Supports associates in the benefit enrollment process; serves as local resource.
- Hourly compensation and time and attendance administration: Appropriately administers facility compensation guidelines for hourly associates, ensuring consistency with application of guidelines and that hourly pay changes are processed in a timely manner. Ensures weekly time and attendance processes are completed.
- Training/development: Ensures new associates are appropriately oriented to the facility and company; train associates on policies and procedures. Ensures associates have completed all appropriate onboarding training.
- Coaching/counseling: Serves as information resources for both hourly and management associates.
- Business Objectives: Assists in the implementation and execution of facility and company objectives through planning, organizing and implementing human resource processes and initiatives. Identifies and recommends continuous improvement opportunities in processes, procedures and policies.
- Reporting: Creates and completes reports and presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint such as productivity measurement, workforce planning and monitoring KPI results
- Associate Recognition: Manages associate recognition programs and recommends cost-appropriate recognition programs/events to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), preferably in HR Management or a Business-related discipline is a must
- 2-5 years of HR experience. Preference given to those who have supported a significant hourly population
- Union avoidance experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Any experience with Workday and Kronos preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills with both hourly and salaried associates is required.
- Ability to work independently to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of federal and applicable state and local employment law.
- Ability to travel when needed – up to 10%
- Does require some support outside of regular business hours (Can discuss during interview).
We offer a complete benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Weekly paychecks
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Educational/tuition assistance opportunities
- Promotional opportunities within a rapidly growing, family owned, nationwide 3rd party-logistics company