Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.
Saddle Creek is seeking an experienced HR professional with a passion for promoting the culture of one of the largest family owned, third party logistic companies in the United States! The regional HR Manager works in partnership with location management to implement strategic initiatives that drive associate satisfaction and support business goals. This position provides professional consultation and advice in the areas of employee relations, recruiting and new employee onboarding, training and development, performance management and employee communications.
- Partner with leadership to design HR strategy that directly supports location business objectives
- Analyze key performance indicators such as turnover, internal job movement and compensation and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide coaching and counseling to management on human resource issues and recommend solutions consistent with past practices and Company policies
- Timely and consistently respond to day-to-day requirements for reporting, analysis, compliance, performance management, investigations, recruitment and selection
- Assist management team in developing bench strength such as succession planning, performance management, training, diversity, etc.
- Develop and lead the work of HR coordinators in the region
- Identify and implement improvements in HR effectiveness and processes
- Facilitate change management
- Passionately promote the culture
- Promote effective two-way communications
- Routinely travel within the greater Atlanta area and 10-15% within the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- 8 years of experience in HR roles with increasing responsibilities some of which must have included line HR generalist responsibilities
- PHR/SPHR (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Experience working in a non-union environment and executing union avoidance measures and tactics
- Experience with front line associates in a manufacturing, distribution or transportation environment
- Experience in labor relations, the transportation industry and knowledge of DOT regulations is preferred
- Experience in HR operations for multiple states preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highest standards of integrity, excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to influence all levels of HR teams, Senior Management and other associates
- Self-starter with a strategic viewpoint
- Ability to identify issues and implement solutions
- Ability to anticipate and analyze problems, resolve issues through creative problem solving and manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to adapt those skills to the audience.
- Knowledge of HR labor and employment law, and the ability to interpret, apply and articulate this knowledge in support of business initiatives
- Knowledge of Workday a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook