Ft. Worth, TX
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.
Note that if you are viewing this posting on an external job board (such as Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, etc.), unless specifically stated in the posting, the provided salary estimates may not be accurate as they are not provided by Saddle Creek. Our recruiters look forward to speaking with you about your background, skills, and compensation requirements.
Department: Human Resources
Location: Fort Worth, TX
- Partner with leadership to design HR strategy that directly supports location business objectives
- Analyze key performance indicators such as turnover, internal job movement and compensation and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide coaching and counseling to management on human resource issues and recommend solutions consistent with past practices and Company policies
- Timely and consistently respond to day-to-day requirements for reporting, analysis, compliance, performance management, investigations, recruitment and selection
- Assist management team in developing bench strength such as succession planning, performance management, training, diversity, etc.
- Develop and lead the work of HR coordinators in the region
- Identify and implement improvements in HR effectiveness and processes
- Facilitate change management
- Passionately promote the culture
- Promote effective two-way communications
- Routinely travel within the Fort Worth area and 10-15% within the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- High school diploma required
- 8+ years of experience in HR roles with increasing responsibilities, some of which must have included HR generalist duties and leading others
- HR Certification: PHR/SPHR (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) or other preferred
- Experience working in a non-union environment and executing union avoidance measures and tactics
- Experience with front line associates in a distribution, fulfillment, or manufacturing is ideal
- Experience in labor relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highest standards of integrity, excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to influence all levels of HR teams, Senior Management and other associates
- Self-starter with a strategic viewpoint
- Ability to identify issues and implement solutions
- Ability to anticipate and analyze problems, resolve issues through creative problem solving and manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to adapt those skills to the audience.
- Knowledge of HR labor and employment law, and the ability to interpret, apply and articulate this knowledge in support of business initiatives
- Knowledge of Workday a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA and medical reimbursement
Annual bonus eligibility
Vacation and holiday pay
Employee assistance and identity theft protection
Career development and opportunity for internal promotions
Tuition reimbursement for further education
Company paid life insurance and short term disability
Saddle Creek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and existing associates and evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, color, religious creed, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, medical condition, military and veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, governmental regulations and executive orders. View the EEO poster here. View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision here. View the E-Verify Posting here.
Saddle Creek is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity, please send an e-mail to Disability.firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your contact information and the nature of your request.