Job Description Summary
The HR Business Partner – Staff is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting our staff employees. This position provides daily support to staff employees with recruitment and employment questions. In addition, this position serves as a liaison to the other areas of HR including total rewards, employee relations, performance management, learning & development, policy implementation/interpretation and employment law compliance.
Duties and Tasks:
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; oversees PAC preparations, new hire screening, background checks, employee onboarding activities in Workday.
- Answers/directs employee questions/inquiries
- Handles employee exit interviewing
- Partners with employees and HR management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Responsible for the completion and accuracy of employee onboarding materials, including I-9’s.
- Provides general support to employees related to HR systems, programs, tools, and processes.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all employees, students, external agencies, and vendors of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in human resources or closely related field required
- Five years of experience as a human resources generalist preferably in post-secondary education or other field with large employee base
- General understanding of higher education preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Workday Experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff population
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivational skills
- Strong computer literacy skills with MS Office suite, as well as HRIS applications
- Experience working in higher education preferred
- Excellent partnering and communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, students, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the diverse employee and student base
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b – Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period