SLU Saint Louis, MO
Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About You
Under general direction, compiles and analyzes financial information for the organization to aid in achieving the University’s strategic initiatives; develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations; creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately; identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to unit leaders and executive team; assists with implementing the financial strategy and business plan for the University; assists with maintaining and improving the financial model and the enrollment model of the University; trains new employees and new users in budget model, policies, systems, and procedures; leads the work of others and delegates work to ensure timely completion of reports, analyses, and projects.
Maintains the financial model and the enrollment model used to develop detailed annual budget projections for the University.
Assists in developing institutional budgets with groups across the University by providing analytics and budget planning expertise; identifies trends and developments and presents findings to division or department leaders.
Serves as a subject matter expert regarding financial planning and budget inquiries; trains new employees and new users in budget model, policies, systems, and procedures.
Responds to ad hoc data requests; prepares financial reports and analytical studies for senior management; collects financial data; runs regularly scheduled reports for University partners; transforms Madrid campus financial reports from euros to U.S. dollars using current market exchange rate.
Provides supports and evaluation for potential developments and new program proposals, processes, or operations.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong technical U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting;
- Understanding of business processes and ability to identify risks and use data to assist with accurate financial statements;
- Knowledge of Workday, Adaptive, EXCEL, PowerPoint are preferred;
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to accomplish results and effectively prioritize initiatives across units amid competing priorities in a complex multi-mission organization;
- Ability to recognize areas of process improvement and assist in implementing new processes and procedures;
- Consistently demonstrates and encourages a commitment to quality, customer-centeredness, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the financial field
- Mastery of budget processes
- Report design and preparation skills
- Expert analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- At least 6 years’ experience in accounting, finance or other relevant field;
- Several years of experience in a public accounting firm;
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field;
- CPA preferred;
- Master’s degree in accounting or MBA preferred.
Business Directors/ Managers
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.