SLU Saint Louis, MO
Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About You
This position is an integral member for one of Saint Louis University’s core missions, research. The Sponsored Programs Financial Management Financial Analyst will be a key contributor to the Saint Louis University finance team. This individual will provide the Sponsored Programs Financial Management team with the tools and data needed for accurate, timely, consistent financial information of the University’s sponsored programs in accordance with federal, state, and University regulations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide the Sponsored Programs Financial Management team with the tools and data needed to ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Office of Management and Budget Uniform Guidance;
- Perform analysis over period of performance, indirect costs charged to grants, fringe rates charge to grants, budget overruns, and other analysis as needed;
- Provide the sponsored programs financial management team with the exceptions identified in the analysis on a weekly/monthly basis;
- Follow up with the sponsored programs financial management team to ensure all exceptions have been cleared;
- Administer the distribution of the Principal Investigator Financial Management Dashboard;
- Administer the distribution of the Principal Investigator Monthly Transaction Report;
- Administer the monthly grant certification process across the Principal Investigators, GoCenters. Sponsored Award Financial Management and Sponsored Award Accounting teams;
- Complete special projects to continuously improve automation within Workday of the grant management financial business process;
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over sponsored programs financial reporting.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
The Sponsored Programs Financial Management Financial Analyst must possess a unique combination of skills and abilities to successfully navigate a complex set of priorities, including:
- Strong technical U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles knowledge;
- Strong technical Office of Management and Budget Uniform Guidance knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting;
- Understanding of business processes and ability to identify risks and use data to assist with accurate financial statements;
- Knowledge of Workday, Adaptive, EXCEL, PowerPoint are preferred;
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to accomplish results and effectively prioritize initiatives across units amid competing priorities in a complex multi-mission organization;
- Ability to recognize areas of process improvement and assist in implementing new processes and procedures;
- Consistently demonstrates and encourages a commitment to quality, customer-centeredness, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- At least 6 years’ experience in accounting;
- Several years of experience in a public accounting firm;
- BS/BA degree in accounting;
- CPA preferred;
- Master’s degree in accounting or MBA preferred.
Financial Planning & Budget
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.