SLU Saint Louis, MO
Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About You
The Senior Workday Financial Systems Analyst is a member of the Business & Finance Team and will be responsible for governing data collection, financial report creation and visualization, and providing compliant financial process oversight within Workday Financials. The Senior Workday Financial Systems Analyst will provide support of our Financial Systems with configuration administration, reporting, implementation efforts of new financial technologies, and organizational initiatives.
- Leads Workday Financial projects including application testing, implementation, enhancements / upgrades, new functionality investigation, and deployment.
- Ensures requests, incidents, problems, and change records are accurate and complete, from creation to closure. This includes maintaining communications with all stakeholders to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Leads meetings with business stakeholders and 3rd Party consultants to understand business requirements; demonstrates understanding of business needs and recommends design changes for highly complex challenges.
- Provides technical support and guidance to end users of the financial systems.
- Utilizes financial analysis skills to identify root cause data flow issues.
- Translates business and design requirements into technical requirements.
- Communicates into business terms an understanding of financial integration data flows within Workday Financials, for integrations of medium to high complexity.
- Maintains existing business processes and recommend solutions.
- Ensures proper system architecture design is in alignment with business and reporting needs.
- Designs, configures, documents, and maintains complex reports using Workday reporting tools.
- Creates and manages dashboards, reports and scorecards that deliver data analysis to leaders for decision making.
- Leads multiple departments through financial process improvement and controls, utilizing new and existing technology.
- Ensures Workday Financial security configurations are in line with the appropriate financial segregation of duties and ITS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to assess potential problems and make sound judgments around issues that may have an adverse effect on the business
- Knowledge of general accounting processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Outstanding analytical, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work to achieve established goals
- Work independently and demonstrate effective problems solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and applications quickly
- Experience with systems analysis, accounting process and procedures
- Experience with Workday Financials, is preferred but not required
- Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing technical issues
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field
- 6 years’ experience with financial system software (ERPs), in a functional or technical capacity
- 2 years’ of experience with financial reporting creation and/or design
Hybrid work environment (60% Office/40% Remote)
Saint Louis University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff, and faculty who are physically present on our St. Louis campuses. As a prospective and/or a new employee at Saint Louis University, you will be/are required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination is required before the start of employment in order to work at Saint Louis University. If you are not vaccinated, you are required to begin the vaccination process at the time of your first day of employment and submit proof of full vaccination within 30 days of your start date. Exemptions may be granted on the grounds of religious beliefs or medical circumstances. Failure to comply with the vaccine requirement within 30 days of an employee’s start date will result in termination of the employment.
Financial Planning & Budget
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.