Georgia – Atlanta
Indiana – Indianapolis
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Finance and Operations
As our Senior Revenue Accountant, you will play a key role in Slack’s monthly revenue close, account reconciliations, audit, SOX support, and revenue disclosures & reporting. The ideal candidate has the ability to understand, present, and communicate complex accounting analysis & issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. Additional activities will include working with databases (Snowflake, Looker) to improve reporting speed & accuracy.
- Participating in all aspects of the revenue month-end close process, including creating journal entries, performing reconciliations, and 10-Q/10-K revenue disclosures & reporting schedule preparation
- Ensure compliance and proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606 and any related guidance
- Support external audit requests and documentation related to revenue and compliance with SOX
- Assist in process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making
- Perform contract reviews and prepare related revenue schedules to verify subscription contracts have been accurately recorded.
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams (Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Legal, Core Accounting, and others) to ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the Company are identified, assessed for revenue recognition conclusions, and handled appropriately by as efficient of processes as possible
What we’re looking for:
- Up to date knowledge of US GAAP as it relates to revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS organization preferred
- Sophisticated Excel skills required
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to review and interpret contracts
- Experience with Workday Financials, Salesforce, Snowflake, Looker, and Slack a plus
- CPA with audit experience, Big 4/regional experience preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.