Mount Waverley, VIC, Australia
Number of Positions Available:
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Salvos Stores are seeking a permanent full-time Executive Support & Administrator based in Mount Waverley responsible for providing a full range of executive support and administration to the General Manager – Customer & Strategy and Executive Manager – People.
The key focus of the role includes:
- Coordinating daily business activities through regular review of diaries, emails, calendar meetings and travel demands to identify and resolve potential issues
- Managing and monitor a range of financial processes such as expenses, invoices, and travel
- Establish and maintain effective departmental and confidential administrative processes and document management
- General reporting and administration including meeting agendas/minutes and action plans
- Support each Executive Manager with operational processes such as recruitment and onboarding, budgeting, systems access, training requirements and event management.
To be successful in the role, you will have a demonstrated work experience as an Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant preferably in the retail sector.
Key capabilities include:
- Experience in data management, report creation/ writing /MS Office Suite – Excel, proof reading/editing
- Workday HCM experience highly regarded
- Strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Desirable: Relevant Business qualifications such as Certificate IV or Diploma in Business Admin
In return we offer our eligible employees real and meaningful benefits such as;
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits;
- Flexible / Hybrid working conditions;
- Paid parental leave;
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits;
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service;
- Store discounts
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members;
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
The Salvation Army has a mandatory vaccination procedure to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community and works in areas covered by Public Health Orders requiring vaccination. Please consider this requirement when applying to a position at The Salvation Army.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration