6625 Excellence Way, Plano, TX, USA
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Role and Responsibilities
The Manager, HRBP for Samsung Electronics America is the HR leader in support of assigned client groups. This is an impactful and hands-on role for an experienced HR Business Partner who has both the aptitude and expertise to advise and influence strategically while liaising with the HR COEs and the broader HR organization to develop and execute programs, processes and tactical requirements of the business. This role will act as a visible partner to the business and is the primary point of contact between the line organizations and HR senior management to address business needs touching all HR functions and capabilities including employee engagement & culture, talent acquisition, talent management, total rewards and employee relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive People Strategy in assigned client groups, ensuring alignment between the business operations and HR practices and objectives.
- Provide thought leadership and insightful data to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Consult with and coach senior leadership on talent management strategy.
- Support and execute cyclical HR programs and participate in projects related to human capital and organizational initiatives. This role requires execution of HR process and ensures HR data integrity on behalf of the organizations it supports.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Interface with Sr. Dir of HR, VP/ SVPs within client groups and within People Team, employees at all levels.
- Align business goals and objectives with People policy and practice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 6-8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong attention to details, listening skills, influencing style and proactive solutioning is essential for success
- Must possess a high degree of sensitivity and change management abilities to intercultural personnel and corporate dynamics
- Experience in organizational integrations, design and change management.
- Experience managing employment related investigations to successful resolution with the help of SMEs
- Prior track record of success in leading, motivating, and directing the activities of other employees, either directly or indirectly, in order to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with team members at all levels
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous Human Resources related projects and programs in a changing corporate environment
- Ability to make professional presentations and to communicate in writing, through e-mails and reports, or orally, complex matters to an audience of high technical skills and operational experience
- Ability to convince others, including stakeholder leadership, VPs, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to resolve conflict, accept/approve plans, or project recommendations
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of function to come to agreement by managing communications through discussions and compromise
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to travel 15% as required
- Expertise in MS Office Suite required, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Workday (Core HCM) is strongly preferred
- Reporting location options include Ridgefield Park, NJ, Plano, TX or California
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or [email protected] for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.