1000 Klein Rd, Plano, TX, USA
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called not just to change the world but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners, and communities.
This HRIS Leader will be responsible for ensuring that Samsung North America has the systems and tools in place that are necessary to increase the operational efficiency of our Human Resources community. This includes company-specific requirements since the different Samsung companies in North America act as independent organizations with different needs, wants, and requirements. This individual will also be responsible for the procurement and implementation efforts ensuring that North America acquires best-in-class and efficient systems.
You will also have the chance to collaborate closely with our North American companies and internal teams to understand the business needs and strategic priorities to ensure continuous process improvement. The goal is to guarantee that the HRIS Team is forward-thinking. This role is a key conduit between the Shared Services Center and our Headquarters in S. Korea, HR Global Task Force, and IT.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leading a team that is responsible for various aspects of the human resource information systems
- Implementing and maintaining systems to meet organizations’ needs and objectives
- Supporting system upgrades, patches, testing, and other technical projects
- Partner with IT team on integration projects. Act as a business analyst between end-users and IT.
- Researching, evaluating and selecting new systems that meet company goals and maintain data integrity
- Tier 2 HRIS support to NA companies’ HR teams including data maintenance
- Responsible for data integrity through audits and checks
- Educating and training companies on releases such as Workday and other system upgrades
- Design user-friendly processes, guidelines, and documents used to train/educate the North American region
- Provide companies support by responding to and solving tickets that come in through our ticketing tool. This includes analyzing and troubleshooting data and system issues and providing guidance and solutions to the users (rescind, start date changes, org changes, etc.).
- Perform bulk uploads of data to Workday via templates and be able to troubleshoot and work with IT partners for complex loads
- Manage feeds from WD to payroll systems
- Provide HRIS solutions and support to 11 Samsung companies in three countries by understanding their needs and making vendor and integrations recommendations to ensure Samsung has best-in-class systems and processes.
- Collect and analyze business requirements for system enhancements and scheduled file feeds.
- Ensure that all HR-related systems are regularly updated and compliant with data protection laws and labor regulations
- Responsible for data integrity
- A minimum of 10+ years of HRIS work experience is required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study is required
- HRIS experience is required (Core, Recruiting, Compensation, Talent, and Performance – including configuration understanding)
- Workday certification(s) preferred
- The ability to maintain confidentiality to sensitive employee information.
- Proficiency in issue resolution, organization, planning, and time management
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Business acumen
- Collaborative Communication that can see the big picture
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience working across multiple geographic regions
- In-depth knowledge of HR-related software preferably Workday
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills with experience in project management, planning of large-scale projects from the envisioning stage through to implementation
Skills and Qualifications
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualify for an exemption.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or [email protected] for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.