The Senior HRIS Analyst oversees the design, implementations, and system health of all HR Technology applications. Reporting to the HRIS Manager, the Senior HRIS Analyst will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) and provide consultative services on best practices, technological road map, opportunities for automation and process improvements. The Senior HRIS Analyst also builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and works effectively with peers to set technology priorities while conducting long-term planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Champions and serves as technical expert for Human Resources Information System (HRIS), helping to drive long term strategic direction, design requirements, features, functionality and progressive enhancements.
- Manages HRIS configuration, security administration, system updates, sun-setting features, and overall functionality/performance for Workday and other HR Technology applications.
- Proactively utilizes technology to increase effectiveness, accuracy, value, and customer satisfaction/adoption of all HR technologies.
- Identifies opportunities for automation or efficiency improvements via business process enhancements, integrations, policy changes and other innovative solutions.
- Defines and analyzes objectives, scope, issues and/or organizational impact of information systems.
- Verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security or scalability of system architecture.
- Responsible for resolving the more complex/escalated requests and technical issues.
- Utilizes effective project management and change management methodologies to deliver solutions and optimize results.
- Collaborates with stakeholders (internal/external) in understanding business requirements and ensures results meet requirements/business needs.
- Communicate data, analyses, findings etc. to a non-technical audience in an exceptional manner.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support while applying key technologies.
- Creates, updates, and maintains system/process/configuration documentation.
- Provides technical expertise in the field of next generation HRIS and reporting tools including the development of HR metrics, talent scorecards, business intelligence reports, and dashboards for Human Resources and the enterprise.
- Ensures data integrity and confidentiality within all HR technologies and vendor systems, through routine auditing, data validations, and corrective actions.
- Compares data from multiple sources to draw conclusions.
- Builds and grows positive business relationships and influence across HR, Payroll, Information Security, and Information Technology departments as well as external vendor teams to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of HR and users of the HRIS throughout the enterprise.
- Serves as the technical lead, mentor, and trainer for other HRIS and Operations team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, MIS, Computer Science or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on HRIS experience required.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience working inside an HR environment required. Solid understanding and expertise in at least three (3) or more functional areas (Core HCM, Advanced Compensation, Benefits, Onboarding, Absence, Time Tracking, Payroll, Talent/Performance Management, Learning Management, and or Recruiting) is highly desirable.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting Workday HCM is required. Workday Pro certification is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required. Experience with ServiceNow, Tableau, or Cornerstone is preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience applying statistics-based human capital intelligence to business issues and formulating recommendations to increase HRIS utilization as an organizational analytics tool across employee constituencies.
- Advanced knowledge of HR data management and complex report writing skills required (Workday advance, matrix, and composite).
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts with strong results necessary.
- Prior experience working as a liaison between, HR, IT, business areas and vendors is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer focused individual who must be able to effectively work in a fast paced & fluid business environment with competing priorities and effectively collaborate across teams.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills; ability to transpose and organize concepts to presentations.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to prioritize independently while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Ability to produce accurate work under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills to all levels of the organization and business partners.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!