As the Senior Payroll Specialist, you will report to the Manager, Payroll and will assist with day-to-day payroll operations and processing of the company’s bi-weekly payroll. This position will ensure all payroll activity is processed with accuracy and in compliance with applicable regulations. In this role, you will also partner with HR Ops, Equity, Tax, and Finance teams on a regular basis to help maintain a payroll process that is scalable, efficient, and accurate as the company grows. The successful candidate will be organized, detailed-oriented and an effective communicator.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review employee/payroll records in Workday including new hires and terminations, compensation changes, banking profile, tax profile or other miscellaneous changes
- Process bi-weekly exempt and non-exempt payroll using Workday Payroll- including stock transactions, commissions, bonuses and relocation transactions
- Manage completion of timesheet entry and approval for non-exempt employees
- Manage wage garnishments and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner
- Run critical Workday audit reports
- Responsible for running Regular, off-cycle, commissions in payroll system including retro and regular pay calculations, re-calculation, and the creation and completion of the settlement file
- Manage relocation expenses with Company’s third-party provider for payroll reporting on a bi-weekly basis- knowledge of how to manually enter as “on demand” payments into Workday
- Maintain detailed source documentation and all payroll reports
- Ability to work closely with HR/Benefits groups pertaining to payroll input
- Work with Equity to coordinate inclusion of equity-related earnings in year-end reporting (W-2s, etc.)
- Monitoring and updating tax rates in Workday
- Partnering with ADP for new state/local tax registrations
- Communicates with employees of all levels in various departments regarding all payroll related matters
Desired Education and Skills:
- Associate degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 5-6 years of payroll experience is required, preferably within a multi-state organization
- Experience with Workday Payroll and ADP Smart Compliance
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, use discretion and manage sensitive and confidential information
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.