Cincinnati, OH – Home/Corporate Office
Provide support to general accounting functions. Provide subject matter expertise to outsource partners. Provide backup and bandwidth to retained payment processing organization.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations, standard journal entries, and monthly divisional reports per policy. Research and resolve balances on reconciliations.
- Perform variance analysis of actual results versus budget.
- Assist with day to day transaction processing, including payments to revenue partners.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly packets prepared for consolidation.
- Assist with standardizing accounting and workflow processes.
- Provide guidance to outsource provider and business units on policy and processes.
- Resolve/investigate business unit questions; provide support to director and seniors in resolving issues.
- Assist director with special projects.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum of 0 to 2 years cumulative experience including general accounting; account reconciliation, journal entries, fixed assets, and report generation required. Media industry experience a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Well-honed problem-solving skills.
- Proven flexibility, initiative and self-reliance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to interact with various levels of staff and management.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required; use of advanced functions such as macros a plus.
- Ability to work longer hours during monthly close.
- Knowledge of Workday or similar financial software is preferred.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by Dec. 1, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing. This requirement excludes positions located in Montana.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.