Saint Paul, MN Campus
*At Securian Financial the internal title for this position is HR Service Center Specialist.
Are you talented, motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about efficiency and process improvement, and want to work with a dynamic team of professionals at an amazing company – then keep reading! In this role you would process payroll for Securian associates and provide prompt and accurate information about Human Resources policies and procedures to Securian associates, leaders of people, HR Business Partners and Centers of Excellence.
Our values define who we are and how we do business every day. Trust, strength, integrity, quality, respect and community. These values help us lead with our heads up and our hearts open, so we can take care of the people who count on us.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Produces biweekly and off-cycle payrolls, including managing time inputs, review payroll reports to identify discrepancies and correct any inaccuracies, and research and resolve issues.
- Responds to inquiries including, but not limited to, HR policy and procedure, payroll and timecards, health and wellness benefits, pension, and verification of employment.
- Provides guidance to assist the employees, managers and HR team members with the self-service features of our HCM system and ensures that the inquiry is resolved. Determines when appropriate to escalate to HRSC Leader.
- Performs background research and follow-up activities needed to resolve requests that cannot be resolved at the time of initial contact. Conducts the necessary communications with functional specialists and outside vendors, as appropriate, to resolve the issue(s) and communicate results/findings with the customer.
- Ensures that telephone calls, emails, chats and walk in contacts are responded to in a professional and timely manner. Administers HR policies and procedures that cover multiple functional areas.
- Performs HR administration and benefits transactions in Workday and other applications as appropriate, and within established performance standards.
- Collaborates with other HR Service Center team members to resolve unique and complicated associate issues and to implement process and procedural improvements.
- Directs internal customers to additional resources, including documented information, reference materials and self-service tools.
- Collaborate with HRSC Leader to maintain ongoing relationship and a complete grasp on processes and procedures. Identifies unexpected results or process defects and works with HRSC Leader to resolve.
- An Associate’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Business Systems, or related field is preferred.
- 2 -5 years of related work experience, payroll specific experience preferred
- Familiarity with Workday system is preferred.
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and prioritize workload Effective listening skills/demonstrates patience with the ability to empathize and understand where employees are coming from
- Exhibits a positive attitude
- Experience with working on a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong attention to detail as accuracy is critical
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse, and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for 2-4 hours per day
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
New hire associates, regardless of work location or job responsibilities, must be vaccinated before beginning employment; exceptions considered for medical or religious reasons provided alternative reasonable accommodations do not create an undue hardship on the business.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at [email protected]
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click here