TX – Houston
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
The Specialist supports the compensation department’s programs, systems and processes through data administration, reconciliation and implementation of various compensation and job changes.
- Tracks and implements minimum wage changes. Identifies associates below their respective minimum wage and prepares pay adjustments to process changes including preparing uploads, validating data and submitting final changes. Documents, processes and tests Workday configuration changes. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Runs biweekly, monthly and quarterly audit reports. Reviews output, recommends corrective action to correct data discrepancies, prepares Workday changes to correct discrepancies, and validates changes in test and live environment.
- Maintains the team InSCIder site with guidance from analysts and managers.
- Prepares monthly employee data upload for MarketPay. Requests peer review, makes applicable revisions and uploads file. Reviews upload output to understand issues, revise data, and re-upload, if needed.
- Provides on-going support to the compensation team on a wide variety of compensation related issues. Learn and understand various compensation program policies, plan documents, SOPs and job aids to understand guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews and reconciles eligibility data identifying issues for multiple programs then notifies applicable team member for resolution.
- Completes assigned responsibilities in support of annual processes such as the salary review (merit) and incentive compensation processes. Discusses questions and issues with process owner or project administrator.
- Monitors team HEAT tickets daily and assigns them to the appropriate team member. Monitors the Corporate Compensation email folder and forwards inquiries to the appropriate team member or responds on behalf of the team. Discusses non-routine issues with senior compensation team members for guidance or escalation.
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver timely accurate results to assigned team members.
- Maintain and update job descriptions as directed. May draft initial job descriptions for review by senior compensation team members.
- Drafts SOPs and job aids for review and approval.
- This description is not an all-inclusive list of the essential functions or duties related to this job.
- An Associate’s degree with two years additional HR support experience or a high school diploma with four years of HR Support experience with increasing responsibilities will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Human Resources system support and/or Workday experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and databases
- Cognitive ability including reasoning, planning, identifying problems, comprehending ideas, learning quickly, and appropriately applying learning to new situations.
- Detail, process and results oriented, motivated to support projects by communicating possible obstacles and exploring alternatives
- Ability to build professional and trusting business relationships across the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Comply with Corporate dress code policy
- Continuous periods of time sitting, frequently up 6 hours
- May climbs stairs to access buildings
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
- Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
- No routine travel
Postal Code: 77019
Category (Portal Searching): Human Resources
Job Location: US-TX – Houston