TX – Houston
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
The Senior Compensation Analyst provides advanced compensation data analysis to solve non-routine business needs, leads compensation project initiatives and develops solutions to support complex analyses and/or processes including system enhancements. Consults with management on compensation program guidelines, regulations, and options or solutions. Under guidance of Compensation Managers, advises management on moderate to complex compensation issues and leads projects.
- Participates in administration of multiple variable compensation and salary increase programs. Provides data and analytical support which may include, but is not limited to, developing, running, downloading, and formatting management reports; creating job & pay matrices; testing software for business, functional, UAT, data accuracy, and mathematical accuracy.
- Aggregates and performs statistical analysis on business data based on the needs of the Compensation team. Writes queries or reports to provide data for various analytical projects
- Integrates data from multiple data sources or functional areas, ensures data accuracy and integrity, and updates data as needed. Recommends process and systems enhancements.
- Conducts market analysis of company jobs to determine competitive positioning of the organizations pay programs
- regarding compensation programs,
- Accurately interprets and applies policies, regulations, and compensation programs to advise management on a sound business alternatives and solutions. Provide guidance on recommended solutions.
- Gathers and organizes data in constructive and logical order. Applies compensation principles and practices to assess and analyze data, identify trends, anomalies, outliers, and issues in support of compensation programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with multiple local, state, and federal laws.
- Develops new analysis tools, routines, and reports to support compensation initiatives
- May interface with leadership and various groups to understand business objectives, assesses effectiveness of existing programs to provide advanced compensation program data analysis
- Serves as lead on key compensation projects. Prepares and maintains project plans, tracks project progress, and prepares reports for clients or project stakeholders
- Works with team leadership to complete high priority projects, determine project priorities, and interact with other corporate departments to manage data flow and deadlines. Documents processes, recommends improvements, and develops job aids.
- Reviews project requirements, identifies interdependencies with internal or external departments or service providers, delegates responsibilities, and ensures that work is completed as needed
- Schedules relevant team or cross-functional meetings to ensure project success and to facilitate collaboration
- Maintains project plans & project-related documentation
- May develop user documentation or training materials
Systems and Tools Administration
- Develops solutions and tools to support compensation analyses or processes – most commonly with Microsoft Excel but may also involve other relevant tools
- Serves as a liaison between systems teams and compensation team for systems changes including ownership and maintenance of the compensation intranet SharePoint page.
- Collaborates with compensation team with development of requirements for system or tool changes
- Communicates requirements to the systems team through the use of specifications, project plans, or other forms of documentation
- Coordinates with systems teams, and compensation team to test processes and functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Management, Management Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred or working towards CCP.
- At least five (5) year’s analytical experience researching and resolving program issues, summarizing findings, making recommendations, and advising management to include 3 years supporting compensation. Compensation experience should include writing job descriptions; participating in salary surveys; evaluating jobs’ FLSA overtime exemption status; job evaluations; working with job architectures; and relating decisions to programs and initiatives
- Experience with Workday a plus
- SharePoint website administration experience a plus
- Experience with Power Query highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as detail oriented
- Ability to self-manage work load, multi-task, and utilize time effectively to accomplish on-time deliverables
- Ability to manage change and work effectively with ambiguous situations
- Ability to build professional and trusting business relationships
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of management
- Advanced MS excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience handling complex issues and problems referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Demonstrated analytical skills specifically and identifying alternative options
- Possesses sufficient knowledge of subject matter and technical expertise to perform with a high level of independence while requiring minimal oversight
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and work as part of a team
- Ability to research information, seek knowledge, and ask questions to develop understanding
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Comply with Corporate dress code policy
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
- May climb stairs to access buildings
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
- Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
Postal Code: 77019
Category (Portal Searching): Human Resources
Job Location: US-TX – Houston