Job Description Summary
Exciting new opportunity to join our People & Culture team supporting our Business Partners and People Leaders
About the Role
Our People & Culture team is seeking a talented administrator to join our People & Culture team. Working closely with our People & Culture Business Partnering team to enable and empower our Business Leaders through by providing proactive project and analytic support. Supporting all areas of the business, you will experience and learn about the Utilities, Telecommunications, and Transport industries.
This Maximum Term, Full Time opportunity will suit a highly motivated and outcome driven individual who has a passion for delivering positive client outcomes, a knack for effective stakeholder engagement and the desire to work on projects across the employee life-cycle.
This role is responsible for providing proactive administrative, analytical and operational project support to the People and Culture team.
- Provide administrative support related to People & Culture initiatives, projects and programs of work (e.g. Diversity and Inclusion, Reward and Recognition, Engagement, Talent and Remuneration)
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings/workshops.
- Undertake assigned project tasks as required and ensure task deadlines are met.
- Compile and administer People & Culture reports and dashboards including the project portfolio dashboards and team calendar.
- Assist with the annual Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Report and Diversity Reports.
- Data analysis, manipulation and management (i.e. WGEA, Engagement, Remuneration and HR metric data) where required.
- Prepare and format presentations/documentation.
- Provide support to Project Leads/Managers and Business Leaders where required.
- Provide additional support to the People and Culture team as required.
To be successful in this role, you are an adaptable and resilient individual with experience working in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated knowledge and experience with project administration and/or reporting, preferably within the People & Culture area; or with relevant transferable experience.
You will also demonstrate and possess the following:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Reporting and analytic skills are desired
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work in a high-pressure dynamic environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with high attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience with Workday or similar HCM’s is desirable
- Certificate IV or higher (e.g. diploma or bachelor’s degree) in a related field is desirable
- Understanding of HR concepts and employment-related legislation is desirable
- High performing and enjoyable team environment
- Internal career development opportunities
- Corporate benefits, rewards and recognition (e.g. staff discounts with BUPA, Carbar, etc.)
Service Stream is an equal opportunity employer who believes diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and benefits our people, clients and communities. We are committed to cultivate an inclusive and high-performing culture where our people thrive and are proud to bring their whole selves to work, inspiring a respectful and inclusive environment. Service Stream encourages and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences.
People & Culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like you apply now to the Service Stream Recruitment Team via the online application button.