New York, NY
The Specialist, HR Systems and Reporting (Specialist) is responsible for supporting a wide range of HR Systems, processes, and solutions, particularly as they relate to Workday HCM, and data requests pertaining to business needs such as D&I initiatives, marketing pitches, financial analysis, internal presentations, etc.. There are two primary areas of responsibility. First, the HR Systems and Reporting Analyst will be a lead project resource for new HR Systems implementations. Second, this position will be a primary resource for Production support and reporting requests as needed. The Specialist will partner with HR users and SMEs, other departments, vendors, and self-service users.
- Lead HR Systems related projects and new deployments while demonstrating knowledge and experience in Project Management and all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Partner with stakeholders to assess user requirements and appropriately engage with functional leads throughout a project.
- Complete feasibility and fit-gap analyses, prototype solutions, define and complete necessary configuration and setup, lead test cycles, establish a deployment plan, and follow the firm’s Change Management process.
- Build custom reports across different HR product areas and develop integrations of various types.
- Deliver data and reporting results in a clear, user-friendly manner to internal clients such as the D&I team, Marketing, Financial Services, etc.
- Provide prompt and effective Production support including issue troubleshooting / resolution, setup updates, and ad-hoc data requests.
- Understand security design, update domains, security groups, and roles.
- Identify areas of improvement, propose optimal solutions, and update associated configuration including business processes and core setup.
- Document critical project details including status reports, technical specifications, HR Systems team knowledge transfer and setup steps, and training guides.
- Perform other related HR Systems duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Workday: The individual is proficient in Workday HCM including Recruiting, Benefits, Absence, and Performance Management as well as Security, Integrations, Custom Reports, Calculated Fields, and Business Processes.
- Project Management: The individual is able to lead a project as the primary HR Systems technical resource and as a Project Manager where applicable.
- Human Resources: Keen understanding of core HR functions.
- Quality control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows appropriate Change Control and Change Management protocols.
- Client service: The individual demonstrates a strong orientation toward client service and satisfaction tempered by sound business judgment.
- Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Problem solving: The individual identifies and seeks assistance/guidance to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral and Written communication: The individual speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, leads meetings as needed, and documents key discussion items.
- Planning/organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety, security and risk management: The individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and firm and HR policies.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience with Workday HCM in an HR Systems role
- Experience with Workday Studio and XSLT preferred
- Experience with viDesktop preferred
- Law firm experience preferred
- Computer proficiency especially in advanced Excel functions and PowerPoint
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- The ability to work outside standard business hours as needed
- The ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds
- The ability to routinely walk between two New York City office locations in various weather conditions