We are seeking a strong HR Coordinator who has great problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making abilities, as they’re regularly faced with common employee challenges and must find creative and logical solutions to resolve them. This position will be responsible for supporting all internal and external HR-related inquiries and requests, coordinating various new hire processes such as background and drug tests, physical results, required documentation, etc. We’re looking for someone who possesses excellent communication and listening skills to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants. The HR Coordinator also serves as support on projects and systems.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
• A high school diploma and typically 0 – 2 years or more of related work experience.
• Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
• Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
• Must be extremely flexible, proactive, and able to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy workflow processing
• Must be well organized with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to handle data with confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all organizational levels. Ensures confidentiality with staff members
• Prior experience in an HR Function, such as HR, Benefits, Compensation, Talent Acquisition or Learning and Development
• Experience with data analysis tools
• Background working in a support role
• Experience with Workday HR management systems
• Knowledge of DoD, government contracting and/or public auditing, policies, standards, and procedures
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.